The team next year.

just out of interest and honestly not as a dig, do you guys agree with what neville said in the telegraph the other day?

" And that is big issue facing City this summer -- United, Chelsea and Arsenal are now all capable of taking them on in the transfer market and, if a player has a straight choice between the four clubs, City will come fourth every time.
Why is that?
When choosing a new club, players will always want to win trophies, live in the best location and play for a club with history and tradition.
London is such a huge draw, especially for foreign players, so Arsenal and Chelsea have an advantage over United and City in that respect. But United’s history and tradition is their trump card, one which will attract players to Old Trafford ahead of the capital."

Do you think this, coupled with the restrictions of ffp (which i don't agree with at all) will make it hard to sign the player you want? Also, arsenal are also now very attractive prospects compared to a few years ago so thats another club you have to compete with

Keep/Promote to 1st Team

GK - Caballero, Hart
DEF - Zabaleta, Angelino, Demichelis, Kompany, Mangala
MID - Fernandinho, Fernando, Silva, Lopes, Navas, Nasri, Yaya Touré
FWD - Aguero, Pozo, Bony

Sell/Release:

GK - Wright
DEF - Sagna, Clichy, Kolarov, Nastasic, Rekik, Boyata, Richards
MID - Lampard, Milner, Sinclair
FWD - Dzeko, Jovetic, Guidetti

- Retain best players & remove dead wood (Get as much £ as possible)

- Promote Angelino, Jose Angel Pozo & Marcos Lopes to freshen the squad up.

- Address weak areas of squad (Leftback, Central Midfield, Attacking Midfield, Striker)

- Potential Targets:

Leftback - Ricardo Rodriguez, Luis Gaya
Central Midfield - William Carvalho
Attacking Midfielder - Phillipe Coutinho, Felipe Anderson
Striker - Luciano Vietto, Mauro Icardi, Paulo Dyabla

- If we decide to change manager, Carlo Ancelotti has to be the #1 Candidate.

Jack Wills said:
MichaelBBack said:
In a dream world...

Get rid: Yaya, Clichy, Kolarov, Caballero, Dzeko, Milner, Jovetic (I think he's brilliant but just not for us), Lampard, Nasri, Navas, along with Negredo and Richards permanently.

Bring in: Kurzawa, Koke, Pogba, Barkley, Sterling, Clyne, Reus/De Bruyne, Dybala/Icardi... hell if it's a dream world then Kovacic and Ruben Neves as well.

Start playing: Lopes, Rekik, Denayer, Angelino, Pozo, Ntcham <- All in cup games at the very least

Oh and bring in Simeone or if we're feeling super brave let Vieira have a proper go.

God you guys should see the team City have made on my Football Manager save... I'm not managing them but keep track of their progress and it's insane, they make all the decisions that a real-life DoF should make and have won the Champions League the last 3 seasons in a row. But umm... Chris Hughton is in charge. :| Yeah.. dunno how that happened.

In the real world I do expect to see plenty of those players being sold and at least a couple from the "Bring in" list being bid on. This better be one hell of a summer.

Bit of a tame dream! That's like dreaming about the girl who works in Starbucks when you could have Jenna Coleman or Emma Watson!

How about:
.................Hart
Zab..., Komps, Demi..... Clichy
....Pogba.......Fernandinho
Ronaldo......Silva.........Bale
..............Aguero
Talk about a tame dream.

How about:
.........................................................Hart
Boris Johnson.............Kompany..............Ramos............Zabaleta
...........................................Bell...................Pogba
................Messi...............................Pele.........................Darth Vader
.......................................................Aguero

afc16 said:
just out of interest and honestly not as a dig, do you guys agree with what neville said in the telegraph the other day?

" And that is big issue facing City this summer -- United, Chelsea and Arsenal are now all capable of taking them on in the transfer market and, if a player has a straight choice between the four clubs, City will come fourth every time.
Why is that?
When choosing a new club, players will always want to win trophies, live in the best location and play for a club with history and tradition.
London is such a huge draw, especially for foreign players, so Arsenal and Chelsea have an advantage over United and City in that respect. But United’s history and tradition is their trump card, one which will attract players to Old Trafford ahead of the capital."

Do you think this, coupled with the restrictions of ffp (which i don't agree with at all) will make it hard to sign the player you want? Also, arsenal are also now very attractive prospects compared to a few years ago so thats another club you have to compete with

A couple of months ago i already have made the same statement in the transfer section of the forum.
Because of the way we drew back since 2011, the only way for us to be competitive in the hunt for star players will be by conceding to ridiculous transfer fees and throwing indecent wages.
But if we don't secure a spot for the champion's league, don't even think of signing any world class player.

Don't care so long as we can defend. As things stand NON of the defence is good enough.

BlueAnorak said:
Don't care so long as we can defend. As things stand NON of the defence is good enough.

Haha! Agree!

Read this entire thread and find myself amused at people still thinking Zaba and Clichy (and Kompany?) are worthy of playing in a team that has to be capable of winning EPL and CL.

I would play 4-1-4-1 against weaker teams or teams we are dominating, or 4-2-3-1 in CL and big time games. This allows the FBs to get forward without leaving us over-exposed, which is our current constant state of tactical naïveté.

The whole "18 yard line offside trap" is getting beaten by the through ball, a player not adhering STRICTLY to it, and linesmen who seem incapable of calling offsides FOR us (like twice today...Mata & Fellaini!)....oh, and from NO-ONE CHALLENGING FOR THE FUCKING BALL!!

We have lost too many games this season because of defensive lapses. Sadly, I think a big part of that has been due to a complete lack of defensive cover against strong opposition midfields, which leads us to Yaya's decision not to defend this season. I feel sorry for Fernandinho, because he has been trying to contain two and three attacking midfielders at times and getting overrun. Yaya just watches it all happen as he ambles back! Teams KNOW this about City and even the poorest teams in this division have used it to threaten us...and win!!!

We have lost the speed of most of our attacks, and when we do attack at speed, we either don't get the ball to the forward in a position to capitalize on it, or the cross goes awry. And, with each passing game, Aguero looks more and more forlorn. Even today, he scored two goals but didn't look happy after the 13th minute. Lots of darting runs in behind with no service, or running offside by not timing his runs, followed by lots of gesticulating and looking to the bench.

It's clear the team needs a reboot, so I'm hoping Bayern win the CL and Pep wants the challenge of finally coming to England to spend Mansour's millions and rebuild this City team! I'm sure Rummenigge would derive great pleasure in squeezing £5M out of City for the last year of his contract. That way, Ancellotti can go to Bayern, too!

ChicagoBlue said:
BlueAnorak said:

Haha! Agree!

Read this entire thread and find myself amused at people still thinking Zaba and Clichy (and Kompany?) are worthy of playing in a team that has to be capable of winning EPL and CL.

I would play 4-1-4-1 against weaker teams or teams we are dominating, or 4-2-3-1 in CL and big time games. This allows the FBs to get forward without leaving us over-exposed, which is our current constant state of tactical naïveté.

The whole "18 yard line offside trap" is getting beaten by the through ball, a player not adhering STRICTLY to it, and linesmen who seem incapable of calling offsides FOR us (like twice today...Mata & Fellaini!)....oh, and from NO-ONE CHALLENGING FOR THE FUCKING BALL!!

We have lost too many games this season because of defensive lapses. Sadly, I think a big part of that has been due to a complete lack of defensive cover against strong opposition midfields, which leads us to Yaya's decision not to defend this season. I feel sorry for Fernandinho, because he has been trying to contain two and three attacking midfielders at times and getting overrun. Yaya just watches it all happen as he ambles back! Teams KNOW this about City and even the poorest teams in this division have used it to threaten us...and win!!!

We have lost the speed of most of our attacks, and when we do attack at speed, we either don't get the ball to the forward in a position to capitalize on it, or the cross goes awry. And, with each passing game, Aguero looks more and more forlorn. Even today, he scored two goals but didn't look happy after the 13th minute. Lots of darting runs in behind with no service, or running offside by not timing his runs, followed by lots of gesticulating and looking to the bench.

It's clear the team needs a reboot, so I'm hoping Bayern win the CL and Pep wants the challenge of finally coming to England to spend Mansour's millions and rebuild this City team! I'm sure Rummenigge would derive great pleasure in squeezing £5M out of City for the last year of his contract. That way, Ancellotti can go to Bayern, too!

Kompany if he stays fit and is relieved of the captaincy can still play a role at City next season but ideally he should have to fight for a place each week as we need a complete revamp in the back.

Zabba the best is well behind him but he can be a valuable squad member but again we need three quality defenders who can get forward and actually know how to defend.

Ideally if we are to remain competitive he should be a squad member at best going forward.

What we have now is mid table at best going forward and non competitive in Europe.

Anybody who thinks VK can be captain of a Chumps League winning side is out of touch of what is required at the elite level now in a captain and a motivational leader.

Kolorov , Clichy, Sagna and Boyata and MDM are spent forces now and need to be sold and Mangala has next year to show what he can do.

Its been a poor introduction for the most expensive defender in the premier league but the way he has been handled hasn't helped.

Midfield needs a complete overhaul in the next two seasons ( Silva the only one who may command a spot in our starting eleven in two years time but too many oppositions know his weaknesses and we have to redeploy him if he is to stay on and be effective).

Up front we will see next season if Bony was another mistake but we need attacking wide players with pace and can cross with speed and the right height.

Dzeko and Jovetic will go in the summer.

BlueAnorak said:

We need a quality YOUNG defense next season to join the veterans Zaba, VK, MDM, Clichy.

It doesn't matter if it's a few of the youngsters or new signings.

They should slowly form a constant back four with the existing players which we can keep using in future seasons.

I wish we played mangala more to judge his performances over the entire season. Sagna and Kolarov have expensive wages and should be sold.

robbieh said:
Next year can we really see a league winning team from what we have at the moment?

At a stretch these are the basis of a first team

...................................Hart

Zabaleta.....Kompany.....Mangala.......Kurzawa

Fernadinho.........Pogba..........Barkley
Silva.........Kun......Sterling

So we need 4 grade A players.

The trouble is at least a couple need to be british. Sterling or Bale, are the obvious candidates up front. So almost certainly that's Sterling. Midfield must be Pogba and who else is there but Barkley.

LB Kurzawa.

That little lot would probably cost. 130 million minus anything we get for Yaya, Jovetic, Edin etc.

Would that team win it?
You say we need four Grade A players and then don't list a single one.

Those four highlighted are just four half decent players. Nothing special. Grade C, if you ask me. Maybe Sterling and Pogba might end up being Grade B in a few years time. Barkely constantly gives the ball away. And that Kurzawa was a joke against Arsenal, looked like a comedy player.

This team also needs about six or seven new signings, not four. We are gone, completely gone as a side.

The recruitment policy of this club since 2011 has been a fucking disgrace. When you see the amount of money we've spent it's all been on average players and squad players. £200+m in three and a bit years and not a single one at the level of Silva and Kun. Not a single high quality player aged 20-25. We've allowed all our best players to age together and we have no younger hungry high quality players coming along in the next wave.

People's heads should roll big time. Players, management team and board level staff for our recruitment.

We've spent £78m to replace Barry and de Jong and we've gone backwards. You could put your hand in a tombola of bottom six Prem sides and plucked out higher quality than Fernando García and Rodwell (who cost £43fuckingM between them!).

KippaxCitizen said:
robbieh said:
Next year can we really see a league winning team from what we have at the moment?

At a stretch these are the basis of a first team

...................................Hart

Zabaleta.....Kompany.....Mangala.......Kurzawa

Fernadinho.........Pogba..........Barkley
Silva.........Kun......Sterling

So we need 4 grade A players.

The trouble is at least a couple need to be british. Sterling or Bale, are the obvious candidates up front. So almost certainly that's Sterling. Midfield must be Pogba and who else is there but Barkley.

LB Kurzawa.

That little lot would probably cost. 130 million minus anything we get for Yaya, Jovetic, Edin etc.

Would that team win it?
You say we need four Grade A players and then don't list a single one.

Those four highlighted are just four half decent players. Nothing special. Grade C, if you ask me. Maybe Sterling and Pogba might end up being Grade B in a few years time. Barkely constantly gives the ball away. And that Kurzawa was a joke against Arsenal, looked like a comedy player.

This team also needs about six or seven new signings, not four. We are gone, completely gone as a side.

The recruitment policy of this club since 2011 has been a fucking disgrace. When you see the amount of money we've spent it's all been on average players and squad players. £200+m in three and a bit years and not a single one at the level of Silva and Kun. Not a single high quality player aged 20-25. We've allowed all our best players to age together and we have no younger hungry high quality players coming along in the next wave.

People's heads should roll big time. Players, management team and board level staff for our recruitment.

We've spent £78m to replace Barry and de Jong and we've gone backwards. You could put your hand in a tombola of bottom six Prem sides and plucked out higher quality than Fernando García and Rodwell (who cost £43fuckingM between them!).

Very true.

Bottom six sides don't have the talent that this squad apparently consists of but they have work ethic , desire and spirit which we don't have and that is even more disturbing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.