The thankyou Richard Dunne thread

Great servant over the years, at times he has single handedly held us together especially in the late Keegan/early Pearce years.

The time is right for him and us and I think its a good move for both parties. If we want to be a top club we have to adopt a top club mentality and that means moving players on who are starting to become less useful to the side. Liverpool in the 70's and 80's did it and the rags more recently. It doesn't mean he's finished, far from it, I hope he has many years left at Villa or wherever he ends up.

He can expect the reception he deserves when he comes back.

Decent bloke.....glad he's gone the future is bright and blue.....villa won't win anything IMO like we didn't just not good enough for where we are going

Absolute Legend.. Glad the fans sung his name tonight. He'll get a great reception when he comes back - he will do well for Villa aswell.

Im convinced we'd have been relegated without him under Pearce.. Sad to see him go, even with who we have bought.

I have to say im absoloutely gutted that Dunne has gone.

A true City legend in my eyes who really turned his career around to become one of our best defenders of the last 30 years.

Good luck Dunnie.

Good luck fella, still think you could have done a good job for us, you have been an inspiration to most blues, look forward to giving you the ovation you deserve on your return

Absolute star, I'll never forget you Richard, you made me proud as a fellow Dubliner to not only captain City, but win Player of the Year four times running, you kept us up in 2006/07 season, the CRUCIAL survival season from which our current position was eventually reached. The only player to feature in all of our derby wins this decade thus far, a rock who was prone to an occasional error, but more than made up for it with some unbelievably heroic displays. Best of luck at Villa, Sparky didn't fancy you, but you'll have another great manager to work under in O'Neill, score an OG for us :). Good luck in South Africa next year too, I'll be cheering you on with the rest of the boys in green ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.