The thankyou Richard Dunne thread

i may have cursed you a few times dunney over the years but never for one second did i doubt your commitment to the club. you were a great captain and at times a true inspiration at the back. best of luck to you

Sad loss to see dunney go, thank god he didn't go in 02/03

No nonsense tireless hard worker for the city shirt. Lucky have a player like him for so long, prob won't see another like him for a long time

thanks for the memories dunney, best of luck esp in the WC.

Mike D said:
Big thanks to the big man just hope the club have the desency to give him a proper send off with a proper testimonial

he won't get his testimonial match, it's a bit inappropriate for him to turn out in our colours if he is a villa player! however, it sounds like he's not losing out....

RICHARD DUNNE has left Manchester City for Aston Villa with an estimated £6million golden farewell.

That was the amount the ex-Eastlands skipper could have expected from a testimonial pencilled in for next year when he would have completed 10 years at City.

As revealed in Sunday Express Sport on August 9, Villa boss Martin O’Neill was poised to move in for the Irish international once City had signed Everton’s Joleon Lescott.

But O’Neill knew Dunne, 29, was due for a lucrative
testimonial. City though have agreed to stump up around £6m so the deal can go through.

Manager Mark Hughes knows Dunne wouldn’t be prepared to become a fringe player at Eastlands. So he was keen to move the player on and fully supported rewarding him for his years at the club.

Even so, it’s an amazing gesture by City.

Dunne was also wanted by Spurs, Sunderland and Everton, and Villa skipper Stiliyan Petrov says the £4m capture of Dunne will give the club a big boost.

Petrov believes Dunne is just the sort of player Villa need to overcome a tricky start to the season.

O’Neill’s side, still reeling from last week’s shock Europa Cup defeat by Austria’s Rapid Vienna, host Fulham today.

Petrov said: “The deal for Dunne will be great news for Villa. He is one of the game’s big players.

“He’s the captain of Ireland and has been the captain of Man City, so you love to see players like that coming to this club.”
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/123850/City-s-6m-handshake-seals-Villa-Dunne-deal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/123 ... Dunne-deal</a>
the exact same story is in the star.

not that I begrudge him a penny of it! as the story says, it's only what he would have earned if he'd stayed on.

thanks for all the memories and have a happy time with the Villains, Richard... I think you'll like working under O'Neill, he's not known for his micromanagement, but everyone knows what's expected of them, and he'll crucify you if you step out of line!

No RAG comments please. Been here before and Im pissed. Cant remember password... Anyway.....

Good Luck Dunnie. Thanks for everything. Hope things go well in your move. You're always welcome in my team.

Pissed Queensland Blue.

I reckon if he's a success at Villa he'll have some sort of match in his honour, maybe like Keane did, where he plays one hald for Villa and the other for City.

I don't know, it's gonna be feckin weird seeing him in claret.

We have done so many good things since the takeover on and off the field and
this is a good gesture. Nothing more deserved to Dunne he was great for us
and had so many good games more so then the few bad ones, he was loyal servant in good and bad times.
Well done and good luck! not against us though.

citizenfan said:
We have done so many good things since the takeover on and off the field and
this is a good gesture. Nothing more deserved to Dunne he was great for us
and had so many good games more so then the few bad ones, he was loyal servant in good and bad times.
Well done and good luck! not against us though.

In this time of so called "little loyalty" for both clubs and players, this is a fantastic gesture by City................other clubs who are being hypocritical about our lavish spending.....take note!!!
Good luck Dunny...........you were with us in the clubs dark days, and when you had your's we backed you.....hope you get a great welcome when you play at Eastlands.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.