The thin line of wedding invitations

Decide how many people you want to invite. Divide it by two.

You have your list to deal with and she has hers.

Better still go get married on a beach somewhere. Tell everyone you'd like to be there that they're invited - but to the hotel next door. That way you can meet up when you want but still have your time together when you want to. Have a reception when you get home making sure the invites say cash or vouchers for debenhams, asda or wherever as you already have a furnished home and don't need anything.

Even better still - don't bother getting married and just change her name by deed poll. You don't even get tax relief nowadays so why bother?

daveduke67 said:
Decide how many people you want to invite. Divide it by two.

You have your list to deal with and she has hers.

Better still go get married on a beach somewhere. Tell everyone you'd like to be there that they're invited - but to the hotel next door. That way you can meet up when you want but still have your time together when you want to. Have a reception when you get home making sure the invites say cash or vouchers for debenhams, asda or wherever as you already have a furnished home and don't need anything.

Even better still - don't bother getting married and just change her name by deed poll. You don't even get tax relief nowadays so why bother?

this

Pigeonho said:
Good morning, Blues.

Out of those who have been married or like me, are planning one at the moment, where was that line drawn, (if at all), where you decide who comes and who doesn't?

Mrs P has a big family whereas there aren't many of us. Because she has so many aunts, uncles and cousins we said we were going to draw the line at immediate family and her nana, (my grandparents are long gone). I'm thinking now whether to invite my aunt and uncle from my mums side so it balances it out a bit and because they are the only bit of close family I have after my immediate family, but that then creates a problem of not being able to invite their daughters, (my cousins), as another reason we are keeping it low-key is the cost of it all. How the fuck do you invite an aunty and uncle but not a cousin? If I do then invite those cousins, she will want to invite hers and there's fucking hundreds of them. Not getting hitched until next year but.....

Agggggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!
Good luck on the forthcoming wedding, wish I had got married, lost my Mrs, kids and home a few weeks ago. Think if we had the commitment of a marriage, we would ve worked at it. Enjoy the day and make it special :-)

flb said:
Pigeonho said:
Good morning, Blues.

Out of those who have been married or like me, are planning one at the moment, where was that line drawn, (if at all), where you decide who comes and who doesn't?

Mrs P has a big family whereas there aren't many of us. Because she has so many aunts, uncles and cousins we said we were going to draw the line at immediate family and her nana, (my grandparents are long gone). I'm thinking now whether to invite my aunt and uncle from my mums side so it balances it out a bit and because they are the only bit of close family I have after my immediate family, but that then creates a problem of not being able to invite their daughters, (my cousins), as another reason we are keeping it low-key is the cost of it all. How the fuck do you invite an aunty and uncle but not a cousin? If I do then invite those cousins, she will want to invite hers and there's fucking hundreds of them. Not getting hitched until next year but.....

Agggggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!

wouldn't bother mate, you'll probably get divorced in the next 5 years anyway, why spend 10 grand on other people to get pissed at your expense?

None of them give a shit about you and will shower you with 20 pound next and m&s vouchers after youve paid 30 pound a head to get them pissed and eat your sausage rolls and cheddar cheese and pineapple on a stick.

You old romantic, you. I'm right welling up.

Been married twice - first time just did it with 2 friends as witnesses and told the families later. Didn't go down too well, especially with my brothers who'd missed out on a stag do. Luckily for them they had a second chance.

Second time we just invited immediate family and a couple of cousins who my wife is really close to, but that worked out fine as it actually evened up the numbers between the families. Booked a big box on race day at Newcastle races with a fantastic meal as the reception - blinding day had by all.

Pigeonho said:
Good morning, Blues.

Agggggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!

Tough one this. I would certainly invite all my elders such as parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts out of respect.

Cousins are even more difficult. Fortunately not too many for me :)

Pigeonho said:
Good morning, Blues.

Agggggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!

Here's the trick Pige, you'll not find this in any wedding mags or them other mags either.

Sitting comfy?

Ready?

Ok I will begin. Insert name of Auntie and Uncle P on to invitation, and here's the really clever bit, you don't put the cousins on the invitation. I believe they call this situation "you're not invited". Conversely if you want to invite them include their names.

Hope this has helped.

metalblue said:
Pigeonho said:
Good morning, Blues.

Agggggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!

Here's the trick Pige, you'll not find this in any wedding mags or them other mags either.

Sitting comfy?

Ready?

Ok I will begin. Insert name of Auntie and Uncle P on to invitation, and here's the really clever bit, you don't put the cousins on the invitation. I believe they call this situation "you're not invited". Conversely if you want to invite them include their names.

Hope this has helped.

But that could cause arguments on the big day when one cousin asks "Where is Anita"?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.