The thing that hurts is they were the worst Arsenal team....

The reason for me making this thread is not to have a dig at Arsenal as they are a good club who try to play the game in the right way I just think they have gone backwards in recent seasons and as the Premier League goes on we will all start to see it. City were well in the game for 70 minutes with ten men which would concern me as an Arsenal fan, in fact I found them to be wasteful in front of goal and lacking cutting edge, their defence was also exposed a number of times by ten men. The fact the Arsenal goalkeeper is getting so much praise against ten men says alot for me.

I just think City, Chelsea and United have a bit more than Arsenal all over the pitch it is just a shame( as a blue) that we didn't get to see a proper game 11v11 for 90mins as it would have given a true reflection on the progress of the clubs and I think the scoreline would have been very different.

However I am not bitter its says Arsenal 3-0 on the score sheet and that is that well done to them on getting the 3 points.

As others have said, Arsenal are one of the worst sides to be playing if you're down to 10 men, Liverpool did very well against them when down to 10 men for 45 minutes this season though & would have beaten them if Reina hadn't gifted them a goal.
It was just asking too much for us to do something similar for 85 minutes

CTID Chris said:
gooney said:
Arsenal has scored 21 goals and has had 134 shots this season. City has 12 goals and 77 shots. Of your 12 goals, Tevez got 7, meaning rest of your team got 5 goals in 9 games. And you think you gonna win the league while being so poor going forward?

Congrats, at least 9 of those goals came against 10 men.

It's about results, it's about defending and taking chances. We need to improve our finishing over the course of the season. We have the solid defence already.

If we play like we did yesterday for the rest of the season, while improving as a team and with our finishing, we will win the majority of our games and finish well above you.

Part of the reason teams get red cards against us is that we draw them via our players' quick feet. No way are we going to win the league - but IMO we are going in the right direction, and are a better team than we were 2 sesons ago. Player for player I don't think our respective first teams are that dissimilar in quality. But our players - bar the back four, are more homogenous.

Give Mancini a couple more years though - and you will be as good as the Chavs.

may of been their worse team, but their still class.

if they put that team out everygame this season they would always have a crack at the top 4.

regardless of who plays or what formation, they are the best passing team in the country, and one of the best in the world, if sometimes not the best in the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.