The thing that hurts is they were the worst Arsenal team....

kiam06

that have visited Manchester City in years. Even when we deservedly went down to ten men we managed to create numerous chances, they had to resort to keeping the ball around the halfway line as they had absolutely no cutting edge up front.

I honestly think the result might have been 3-0 to City if we had not got a red card so soon in the game but we will never know. One thing I am sure of though is we have gone past Arsenal now on and off the pitch, yesterday was a bit of a freakshow and I'm sure the Arsenal fans will be over the moon but for the first time in years I KNOW we will finish above them.

Yesterday was a bad day at the office, it is so difficult in this league to play with ten men for 85 minutes but the City boys fought hard and were very unlucky to go down 3-0.

Heads up blues the good times are coming!

Yep, we will finish a lot of points above them.

They have been rubbish this season (losing to WBA + Chelsea, should have lost to Sunderland, unimpressive against Brum and Liverpool). On another day, we could have scored 5 of those chances. On another day, we could've kept 11 on the pitch and would've hammered them.

Spurs impressed me more, Chelsea obviously impressed me more. If Spurs get knocked out of the Champs league early, they will finish above Arsenal as well as us + Chelsea.

I will reserve un-biased judgement on the final position of that other team until 10th November. But I wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal struggle to finish top 4 this season, especially if Fabregas picks up another injury.

CTID Chris said:

They have been rubbish this season (losing to WBA + Chelsea, should have lost to Sunderland, unimpressive against Brum and Liverpool). On another day, we could have scored 5 of those chances. On another day, we could've kept 11 on the pitch and would've hammered them.

Spurs impressed me more, Chelsea obviously impressed me more. If Spurs get knocked out of the Champs league early, they will finish above Arsenal as well as us + Chelsea.

I will reserve un-biased judgement on the final position of that other team until 10th November. But I wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal struggle to finish top 4 this season, especially if Fabregas picks up another injury.

Couldnt disagree more I think we will finish above you comfortably. Our defence is the weakest its been for some time tho a lot of that was due to the keepers. If Fabianski keeps this form up then thats sorted. The defence is unsettled as most of it is new, Djourou has been out for a whole season and we are missing our best center back but once that has had soem time playing together it will be better.
Our attack is the most exciting its been in years. Maybe not to the level of Henry, Bergkamp, Pires etc but Nasri is really coming into form and Arshavin even when out of form is topping our assist chart and near the top of goals scored and he can produce magic just like that. The new forward Chamakh is quality and big and strong and when Van persie is fit he is magic and we all know what Fabregas is capable of so im excited about this team.

Sorry but I am going to have to disagree as well.

This is a better Arsenal team than visited Eastlands last year, albeit a team missing a player or two, and it's better than the one before that. Mostly because the squad hasn't weakened in those years but the addition of Chamakh has helped give Arsenal another outlet in attack. Importantly though some other players are showing real talent. Walcott is finding form again and Nasri is adding consistency to the occasional bursts of Talent he showed last year. Plus Song and Wilshere.

The defence is the same as last year although yesterday's one was worse due to a couple of missing centre backs.

So yeah, Although I am an Arsenal fan and obviously biased I would have to say that it really is not the weakest Arsenal team in recent years. Even if it's not up there with the invincible era.

You should be proud that it's considered an achievement for a big team to win on your turf nowadays though! Impressive sign of how far you have come.

The weakest Arsenal i've seen was two years ago when we beat them 2-0 with Robinho scoring that sublime chip. They had practically all their first team out due to suspensions and injuries

Fabianski said:
CTID Chris said:

Couldnt disagree more I think we will finish above you comfortably. Our defence is the weakest its been for some time tho a lot of that was due to the keepers. If Fabianski keeps this form up then thats sorted. The defence is unsettled as most of it is new, Djourou has been out for a whole season and we are missing our best center back but once that has had soem time playing together it will be better.
Our attack is the most exciting its been in years. Maybe not to the level of Henry, Bergkamp, Pires etc but Nasri is really coming into form and Arshavin even when out of form is topping our assist chart and near the top of goals scored and he can produce magic just like that. The new forward Chamakh is quality and big and strong and when Van persie is fit he is magic and we all know what Fabregas is capable of so im excited about this team.

Please PM me the tel number for your dealer. I'd love to try some of whatever drug(s) you're on.

This arsenal team is weak in midfield, barring Fabregas, weak in attack, and weak in defence.

Fabregas is the only good player in the team. Nasri would struggle to make our subs bench (Silva, AJ, Balotelli, Tevez... He would push AJ, but thats it).

Chamakh was rubbish; Arshavin - did he go off the pitch for an 80 minute rest? Song is awful, Denilson is awful, Djourou is awful, the other CB is awful, Clichy is awful, Sagna is average, Fabianski is usually awful - but he is now world class, of course.

Arsenal struggled to beat a team with 10 min for 91 minutes; effectively 9 men for 40 minutes with injuries to Tevez and Richards; yet City had numerous great chances to score and should've netted a few goals.

Georgian Maestro said:
The weakest Arsenal i've seen was two years ago when we beat them 2-0 with Robinho scoring that sublime chip. They had practically all their first team out due to suspensions and injuries

The weakest one was that after the Invincible era started disbanding, we just finished 4th, and it was our last year at Highbury and first year at the new stadium. Since then a lot of the same players remain but have matured (Fabragas) and a few low key signings have come on (nasri).<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:13 pm --<br /><br />
CTID Chris said:
Fabianski said:

Please PM me the tel number for your dealer. I'd love to try some of whatever drug(s) you're on.

This arsenal team is weak in midfield, barring Fabregas, weak in attack, and weak in defence.

Fabregas is the only good player in the team. Nasri would struggle to make our subs bench (Silva, AJ, Balotelli, Tevez... He would push AJ, but thats it).

Chamakh was rubbish; Arshavin - did he go off the pitch for an 80 minute rest? Song is awful, Denilson is awful, Djourou is awful, the other CB is awful, Clichy is awful, Sagna is average, Fabianski is usually awful - but he is now world class, of course.

Arsenal struggled to beat a team with 10 min for 91 minutes; effectively 9 men for 40 minutes with injuries to Tevez and Richards; yet City had numerous great chances to score and should've netted a few goals.

Seriously this is WUM stuff. The only good player in the team is Fabregas? Really?

CTID Chris said:
Fabianski said:

I think you need to take off those blue tinted specs mate. Chamakh is far from rubbish. Nasri would be in any teams starting eleven at the moment even yours. How you can say we are weak in attack bar Fabregas boggles the mind.

Fabianski said:
CTID Chris said:

I think you need to take off those blue tinted specs mate. Chamakh is far from rubbish. Nasri would be in any teams starting eleven at the moment even yours. How you can say we are weak in attack bar Fabregas boggles the mind.

I think you need to take off those red tinted specs.

You deserved to lose against Sunderland (we should've been 2-0 up at half time). You deserved to lose against WBA, you deserved to lose against Chelsea. Do you really think you're going to be ahead of City this season? Do you really think that the strength of your team is incredible?

We deserved to win against Chelsea, and we should've been able to draw yesterday despite the 10 men.

CTID Chris said:
Fabianski said:

I think you need to take off those red tinted specs.

You deserved to lose against Sunderland (we should've been 2-0 up at half time). You deserved to lose against WBA, you deserved to lose against Chelsea. Do you really think you're going to be ahead of City this season? Do you really think that the strength of your team is incredible?

We deserved to win against Chelsea, and we should've been able to draw yesterday despite the 10 men.

WE deserved more fromt he Chelsea game, i suggest you go back and watch it again if you think we deserved to lose. We did deserve to lose to WBA but on another day we would have probably won. Yes I think we will finish above City as I think we have a better team, just because you say such and such is crap does not make it so, prove dby the fact these set of players plus some improvments got us to third last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.