The thing that hurts is they were the worst Arsenal team....

gooney said:
Arsenal has scored 21 goals and has had 134 shots this season. City has 12 goals and 77 shots. Of your 12 goals, Tevez got 7, meaning rest of your team got 5 goals in 9 games. And you think you gonna win the league while being so poor going forward?

Congrats, at least 9 of those goals came against 10 men.

It's about results, it's about defending and taking chances. We need to improve our finishing over the course of the season. We have the solid defence already.

If we play like we did yesterday for the rest of the season, while improving as a team and with our finishing, we will win the majority of our games and finish well above you.

manimanc said:
so let me get this right,we got all these gooners on bluemoon giving it the big i am and nasri is world class etc..after beating us,with 10 men,3-0? hahahaha excuse whilst i change my pants i`ve just pissed,to me it represents an important victory,a big scalp,a huge win in a six pointer because if it didn`t,in my opinion,all these cockneys wouldn`t even be on here celebrating and wooping it up..You see fellas,it`s a waste of time getting giddy beating a team of ten men handsomely when you can`t beat 11 men baggies on your own facking manor....just wanted to give you something to chew on fellas,now fack off and get back to your street party....
lol you are the ones who's starting all these anti arsenal threads on how bad we are, and you think we should just say, yes you are right. The bitterness is from you guys with all the we dominated the game before the sending of.....it was blody 4 mins gone when he got sent off

manimanc said:
so let me get this right,we got all these gooners on bluemoon giving it the big i am and nasri is world class etc..after beating us,with 10 men,3-0? hahahaha excuse whilst i change my pants i`ve just pissed,to me it represents an important victory,a big scalp,a huge win in a six pointer because if it didn`t,in my opinion,all these cockneys wouldn`t even be on here celebrating and wooping it up..You see fellas,it`s a waste of time getting giddy beating a team of ten men handsomely when you can`t beat 11 men baggies on your own facking manor....just wanted to give you something to chew on fellas,now fack off and get back to your street party....

I already said that it was a sign of progress for City that a big team considers it a good result to beat them. The West Brom result was bad but are you confident you won't make a similar bizarre slip up this reason? Football is unpredictable.

gooney said:
CTID Chris said:
You think he is better than Silva, Tevez or Balotelli?

I don't. Quite simple, really. You're welcome to your own opinion though.
he's better overall player than both millner and johnson

I'm not disagreeing with (edit: part of)that, he would be ahead of AJ imo.

However Milner does a lot more for the team (a lot of City fans don't get this). With his versatility, I think he is more valuable than Nasri.

CTID Chris said:
gooney said:
he's better overall player than both millner and johnson

I'm not disagreeing with that, he would be ahead of AJ imo.

However Milner does a lot more for the team (a lot of City fans don't get this). With his versatility, I think he is more valuable than Nasri.
the thing is nasri is similar in that aspect, he does alot of tracking back and general midfield play. You see some arsenal fans prefering walcott as they just see the directness and lets be honest when it comes off for johnson and walcott, they are exciting as hell. But as players they are far more incomplete than the likes of nasri/millner which is why their managers prefer them

manimanc said:

Of course its a big game we that aswell as anyone, as soon as you got all that money you were going ot becume a big team. Chelsea showed money buys you success its just a matter of time as to when that happens but we can do out best for now to challenge you and you havnt over taken us yet and if we can keep on adding little bits here and there to our squad we should be able to compete with your finacial muscle

Completely agree Chris.

Yesterday I was left COMPLETELY underwelmed by Arsenal, infact I was actually disapointed that they seemed incapable of playing progressive or incisive football. When it comes to watching games not involving City I would, in the past, always try and watch an Arsenal game - however this season when up against a team with any guile or class they do not seem to be the same.

Fabregas aside not one of their players would get into the Chelsea or our team.
Nasri, sure he is a good player and full of confidence but he, as stated above, would not get in our team ahead of the players listed above.

Despite having a man disadvantage for 89 minutes we created more (or atleast equal) genuine goalscoring opportunities...obviously Arsenal had the lions share of possesion and had more shots on goal (ALOT of which were routine efforts) but that would be expected in the situation...unfortunately it was one of those days where we couldn't seem to take our chances and Arsenal took almost all of theirs.

Re the Arsenal fans above, I think CTID Chris more than anything probably felt the same as me with regards to Arsenal - unimpressed - and thinks that your assesment of your own players is in all honesty over the top. One of our worst players over the past 18 months, Richards, was made to look good by your left side...and that takes some doing! ;)

Before the sending off there was only a look of fear in one sets of players eyes, and it certainly wasn't in the City players!

Anyway, to summise, I hope you finish above United and Spurs but if we carry on playing the way that we have been and slowly show improvements over the coming months I can't see you finishing above us come May. I also hope that Arsene sorts your team out and gets them playing good football again, just not too good!

bluecityste said:
Completely agree Chris.

Yesterday I was left COMPLETELY underwelmed by Arsenal, infact I was actually disapointed that they seemed incapable of playing progressive or incisive football. When it comes to watching games not involving City I would, in the past, always try and watch an Arsenal game - however this season when up against a team with any guile or class they do not seem to be the same.

Fabregas aside not one of their players would get into the Chelsea or our team.
Nasri, sure he is a good player and full of confidence but he, as stated above, would not get in our team ahead of the players listed above.

Despite having a man disadvantage for 89 minutes we created more (or atleast equal) genuine goalscoring opportunities...obviously Arsenal had the lions share of possesion and had more shots on goal (ALOT of which were routine efforts) but that would be expected in the situation...unfortunately it was one of those days where we couldn't seem to take our chances and Arsenal took almost all of theirs.

Re the Arsenal fans above, I think CTID Chris more than anything probably felt the same as me with regards to Arsenal - unimpressed - and thinks that your assesment of your own players is in all honesty over the top. One of our worst players over the past 18 months, Richards, was made to look good by your left side...and that takes some doing! ;)

Before the sending off there was only a look of fear in one sets of players eyes, and it certainly wasn't in the City players!

Anyway, to summise, I hope you finish above United and Spurs but if we carry on playing the way that we have been and slowly show improvements over the coming months I can't see you finishing above us come May. I also hope that Arsene sorts your team out and gets them playing good football again, just not too good!
how about Sagna?

gooney said:
CTID Chris said:
I'm not disagreeing with that, he would be ahead of AJ imo.

the thing is nasri is similar in that aspect, he does alot of tracking back and general midfield play. You see some arsenal fans prefering walcott as they just see the directness and lets be honest when it comes off for johnson and walcott, they are exciting as hell. But as players they are far more incomplete than the likes of nasri/millner which is why their managers prefer them

Same with Arshavin

Maybe slight exaggeration in the OP headline...but I certainly wasn't overly impressed by Arsenal yesterday.

Worst player on the pitch was Djourou (lost nearly every one-on-one vs a City attacker) and Arshavin was a shadow of the player that joined Arsenal.

For all the talk of the "arsenal" style... what struck me was how little quality passing football they were able to get going vs 10 men. Loads of possession by aimlessly knocking ball around on half-way line in 2nd half vs a knackered City team... but very little quality.

Even Clichy (who I used to really rate) has gone backwards over last two seasons.

If you offered me Arsenal's starting 11 from yesterday's game: I would take Fabregas (obviously) , Clichy + Sagna (much better than our crappy full-backs until maybe Kolarov shows he is the answer) + maybe Nasri (who has improved a lot this season).

The game reminded me of when we beat Chelsea 4-2 away last season after they ended up with 9 men. It felt really good to take 3 points from such a difficult fixture but I wasn't fooled into thinking we were really a better side than them.

Message to Arsenal fans: enjoy the 3 points but don't think that you will automatically be above us at the end of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.