The Times on Robinho and Elano

Thing is Robbie wants Tevez to join him at City, no doubt he would love Eto o at city just seems strange we start putting together a side capable of winning things and he pisses of to Barca where he will sit on the Bench because of Henry.

BlueMooner87 said:
i know it's shite but this robinho thing is still doing the rounds even after cookie came out and said he aint going anywhere, I really hope we keep robbie
TBH I don't think Robbie's original quotes help the matter, when the best reassurances he could come up with were "there's nothing concrete" and "I'm comfortable here", hardly the sounds of rock solid commitment are they? As for Cook's comments, they could be bang on the money, then again they could simply be an attempt to reduce speculation while talks are at an early stage, lets face it it would hardly be the first time a club has said a player is 'going nowhere' while negotiations are going on. I'm not saying the lad is on his way, I'm saying nothing I've read so far rules it out therefore I'm not surprised this rumour persists.

Even if Robinho was to leave (which he won't IMO) do you think owners would allow this to affect our progress? The only circumstances I could see this would be if we got eto'o AND yaya in return and replaced robbie with the likes of ribery, in this scenario, would it be good business?

Yes IMO but this is just a hypothetical, the point being that it would be a major blow to 'global brand' so that would be offset by bringing in more signings of equal stature.

Realistically though he is WORLD CLASS and this is just papers talking shite!

I think it all depends on who we sign, if we get tevez and eto for example he would stay but if we signed the likes of rsc he would probably see it all as a bit of a false dawn. If he thinks city wont be competing for top four next year i think he may try to engineer a move.

The money that we have and the fact that we will be strengthening in every transfer window means that stories like this about our star players will become commonplace. Some will be true and some will be rubbish - it goes with the territory of being a successful club and we'll just have to get used to it.

I can't see the Robbie stuff to be true and I hope Elano stays but who knows what's fact and what's fiction apart from the players themselves.

We're surrounded by media people who all support the big four teams and people see us as a threat and so they'll make up stories about us - it's their only way of trying to thwart the inevitable fact that we will definetly be challenging their beloved teams for honours in the not too distant future - it's funny really cos the penny's only just beginning to drop with a lot of them that we are the only club in the Premiership that has cash in abundance and we are calling the shots this summer in the transfer market - it's something that's never happened before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.