The Times: Utd and Liverpool vetted new PL CEO candidates

Nothing will happen.

The only way anything will change is if the main sports news sources in this country (BBC, Daily Mail, The Sun, Sky Sports News) make a sustained fuss.

We all know they won't as they also rely on the fans of those two clubs.
I really hope you are wrong. The corruption has been allowed to go on for far too long now, and if nothing is done, we might as well pack it in and go home because the game will be dead.

I'm almost certain that there are journo's and news organisations who have been actively burying stories for years because of threats of legal action (or worse), and it needs to stop now. The longer it is left, the worse it will be.

Greyhound racing, surely.
Many years ago, my then boss owned greyhounds. Happily for him, one of his dogs was the Scottish sprint champion. He took it to England and ran it under a different name. He filled the dog with water prior to the races and it performed really badly. When its odds lengthened, he trained it properly and entered a race that it couldn't hope to win on its bad form. Needless to say, he backed it with every bookie and it duly romped home. Bookies chased him all round town!

History tells us that our owner was shall we say discouraged from investing in City.

They tried to black ball Sheikh M. from joining the PL so what on earth makes us think we would have a say in choosing the new Golf Club Captain?

Remember a work colleague - a red scouser - complaining about the GPC having sight of the upcoming season's fixtures and being able to influence them with regards to their CL fixtures. This was years ago but has stuck in my mind as I couldn't believe that football's governing bodies would allow that to happen. Nowadays I'm not so sure...

History tells us that our owner was shall we say discouraged from investing in City.

They tried to black ball Sheikh M. from joining the PL so what on earth makes us think we would have a say in choosing the new Golf Club Captain?

Where does history tell us that ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.