Not open for further replies.
For F*cks sake!
We were 12pts ahead.
They beat Leeds wednesday and 3pts!!!!
Then we have….
Everton away (tricky)
United home (Utd win as per tradition)
Palace away (tricky)
Both teams have to play the same opposition home and away. If the dippers do it better then they deserve to win. We had a crap day, which is annoying and predictable as it is always Spurs.

Everton have not caused us too much trouble lately.

United is 50/50. The rags happen to play a tactic that can do us on any given day. Spurs is the perfect example. Chelsea last season.

Win our games and win the title. It’s simple. Fall off a cliff and we will not deserve to win it. Maybe the forward issue will come back to derail our season but a forward would not have stopped us having a shocker in midfield and defence today.

City beat themselves today. Passing off, midfield open, defence run ragged,players not performing and a manager who made a few selection issues and did not change it before it was too late. The poor passing was the main problem. It caused us all sorts of problems.

Yeah Liverpool play only easy games
It was more of a fact that Liverpool could be only 3pts behind us come wednesday evening.
With tonights performance it seems there is a slight chance we could drop more points with these upcoming games.
On the otherhand it seems Liverpool could play PSG, Madrid, Us, the Brazil national team and win all with Mane/Salah on the scoresheet in each game.
I hope to god i’m wrong and we go on another winning run

Both teams have to play the same opposition home and away. If the dippers do it better then they deserve to win. We had a crap day, which is annoying and predictable as it is always Spurs.

Everton have not caused us too much trouble lately.

United is 50/50. The rags happen to play a tactic that can do us on any given day. Spurs is the perfect example. Chelsea last season.

Win our games and win the title. It’s simple. Fall off a cliff and we will not deserve to win it. Maybe the forward issue will come back to derail our season but a forward would not have stopped us having a shocker in midfield and defence today.
Agree with most of that apart from last point. Of course a forward would have made a difference. He would have put one or two of the 20 odd chances created away and made us comfortable the rest of the game. Spurs made us panic which as we all know hardly ever works.

Liverpool certainly have momentum now and we've lost a bit of ours after that incredible run we went on. If they had blinked first, I think they may have started to concede that the title was ours but unfortunately today's results will have give them renewed belief that they can catch us. Also, their squad is looking stronger than it ever has under Klopp in terms of personnel so I don't think they'll drop many more points.

Having said that, you'd still rather be three points ahead (if they win their game in hand) than three points behind. What gives me confidence is Pep has never lost a title from the kind of commanding position we have been in for most of the season and these players have proven time and again they have what it takes to get the job done.

The game against them could be as crucial as 2018/19.

Agree with most of that apart from last point. Of course a forward would have made a difference. He would have put one or two of the 20 odd chances created away and made us comfortable the rest of the game. Spurs made us panic which as we all know hardly ever works.
I diasagree. The constant high balls into the false 9 would not have made 1 bit of difference with an out and out CF. The space in and around the box was limited. The most disappointing aspect today was our below standard passing. The passing and control was non existent from the 1st to the 90 min. Back to back titles is tough on the mind and the legs. The great dipper team has yet to win it back to back.

My only concern is if we have mentally hit a wall and the league performances would suggest we are in a little dip then I hope we don’t lose too many points until we can get back to previous levels. Next 2 games will tell us all we need to know. Max points needed.

Awful as it would be if Liverpool should end the season as champions, the fact that they clawed us back from 12 pts will unleash such a torrent of ridicule and mockery against us. Doesn't bear thinking about...

Awful as it would be if Liverpool should end the season as champions, the fact that they clawed us back from 12 pts will unleash such a torrent of ridicule and mockery against us. Doesn't bear thinking about...
Whoever wins the league this year, they'll deserve all the credit they get.

There's a long way to go yet, and we're still in the driving seat. However, if we turn out any more performances like today, we'll probably end up relying on Liverpool to blow a gasket at some point

We FOCs know that 'typical City' is always just around the corner.

12 points but they always had 2 games in hand so in reality it was only ever 6 points.

This is exactly the narrative the media wanted to create with all this "City have won it", "it's a procession", "it's not good for football", etc, etc. Given how much better City and Liverpool are than the rest of the league, it was only, ever, really 6 points ahead which, in January, is nothing. Only an imbecile would have made the argument that the league was "over" and only a bigger imbecile would have fallen for it. An injury to a key player, loss of form, anything could quickly turn that 6 points over in just 2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.