The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remembering the Southampton home game last season was the last throw of the dice by the officials to get United back into it, I can see all 4 games left being like that. We have a good record against both Newcastle and Howe, with Shelvey/Willock/Joelinton playing as midfielders we can surely take our time and not have too much of a problem.

Wolves and possibly West Ham playing back 5 which is always a bane to us even when it's Huddersfield/Brentford/Sheffield Utd doing it, think we'll have to be very patient there. Could see one draw and one close escape in remaining games. Actually without Stones and Walker (I presume) & working against the officials wouldn't be surprised with drawing more than one, but hopefully not.

They weren’t favourites for any competition until we were out of them
I think that is what I found most galling about this possible quad. If anyone looked like doing it in recent years it was us. Yes Liverpool are without doubt ahead of the rest but we are better. When the rags won the treble they were fortunate but they were better than Arsenal and the rest of the league. It was the same with Arsenal and their unbeaten season and us and our domestic clean sweep. For history to remember this Anfield side as some sort of dominating great side would be a very annoying misconception.

I remember driving away from the Etihad after the Sunderland draw in 2012, and while stuck in traffic, some guy in a white van with Utd stickers & mobiles, on the other side of the road, was beeping his horn & shouting out of his open window & giving rude hand signals to all us City fans. Not sure if he was so sad that he'd purposefully jumped in his van & driven over to the Etihad just to wind us all up, but he was highly charged / ecstatic.

He obviously thought (as we kind of did too) that this was the final straw that showed we'd blown it & handed the title to Utd.

He was wrong. I give him a thought / like to imagine how he must have felt, whenever I rewatch the Aguerooooo moment.
the sunderland draw was 14, maybe he was a scouser not a rag ,cos it gave liverpool the advantage,not the rags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.