The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a better thread for this...but a lot can change in a month...

Dec 2:

1641164847544.png

Jan 2:

1641164943392.png

In a month:

City P7 W7 D0 L0 GS: 24, GC: 5, GD: +19, Pts: 21/21.
Chelsea P7 W2 D4 L1 GS: 12, GC: 10, GD: +2, Pts: 10/21.
Dippers P6 W3 D2 L1 GS: 9, GC: 6, GD: +3, Pts: 11/18.

Big move, hopefully we build on it.

Taking us out of the equation and the dip in form required to give either the scousers or Chelsea a sniff of a chance, there's no evidence that either team has what it takes to go on a run of victories that would net them the relevant point's haul required.
Chelsea's biggest run is 4 wins in a row, back in October. They've won 4 of their subsequent 11 league games.

Dippers did 6 in a row end of November to mid December, before their recent blip. The last 3 of that run (Wolves, Villa and Newcastle) they had match-altering decisions go their way.

Taking us out of the equation and the dip in form required to give either the scousers or Chelsea a sniff of a chance, there's no evidence that either team has what it takes to go on a run of victories that would net them the relevant point's haul required.
This is the important thing as it stands. No other team in the league is currently able to put the run of wins together that we are currently on. Liverpool have done it in the recent past, but haven't done so for 20 months now, and while still a good side they aren't nearly as great as they were 19-20. And without looking I suspect you'd have to go back to peak Mourinho's Chelsea side to see anything resembling that sort of Chelsea form. Of course that isn't to say they can't suddenly do it, but going off the last 12/6/3 months is also sensible and I just can't see where and how that form comes from for either.

PointsTeam (games played)
53Man City (21)
43Chelsea (21)
42Liverpool (20)
35Arsenal (20)
34West Ham (20)
33Tottenham (18)
31Man Utd (18)
27Brighton (19)
25Wolves (18)
Leicester (18)
23Crystal Palace (20)
Brentford FC (19)
22Aston Villa FC (19)
21Southampton (19)
19Everton (18)
Leeds United FC (19)
13Watford (18)
11Burnley (17)
Newcastle (19)
10Norwich City FC (19)

Cann table is named posthumously after Jenny Cann who published the style on her website 'Clock End' in 1998​

The way I'm looking at is: Liverpool win their game in hand then it's an 8 point lead. We still need 44 points so, lets see where we are in March. Long, long way to go yet before we count our chickens!
Yup. Never forget, this is still City even if the capacity for self destruction is a lot less. I'm not counting chickens yet, but I am hopefully optimistic

Still allot to play for this season. We are in a very very good position but stranger things do happen in football it’s why we love and hate it!

lets not get carried away till that trophy is in our hands. Enjoy the journey of it. We don’t want to win it too early anyway, we need to keep the players sharp for champions league and if we win the league too early, they will switch off and drop off in form.

I wonder what that does to your CL aspirations. Being on the beach so early in the season is quite an interesting situation to navigate.
I still maintain this is the exact reason we lost the CL match last season against you. by the time we played in the final against you we have not played a competitive meaningful game in about two months and I think that had a huge drop in our mental preparations I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.