The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll go down to the wire but i still think we'll win the title, we may still lose to Liverpool at home though

This is what I don't understand. If the game was at Anfield, sure we lose. Aside from the odd CL win when we were done by referees and chasing the impossible, they have not even come close to winning at Etihad.

Had this nagging feeling for a good while that they'd win the league, especially when everyone was so sure they'd drop points when mane and Salah went to the afcon.
The AFCON thing was always a bit of a red herring for me. January is usually a busy month with lots of league games for all teams but this season has been different with only 3 league games in January for us and them, due to that friggin' international break at the end of January. Liverpool played Chelsea away on the 2nd Jan and Mane and Salah were present for that one before going out to the AFCON, so they were only ever going to miss 2 league games tops. Those games were Brentford at home and Palace away. Brentford's form has fallen off a cliff and we know Palace can be a tricky opponent but it depends on which Palace turns up. Either way, if you're Klopp and you could pick 2 games for Salah and Mane to miss, you'd take Brentford at home and Palace away as they should have more than enough to win those games without those two anyway and so it proved.

The AFCON thing was always a bit of a red herring for me. January is usually a busy month with lots of league games for all teams but this season has been different with only 3 league games in January for us and them, due to that friggin' international break at the end of January. Liverpool played Chelsea away on the 2nd Jan and Mane and Salah were present for that one before going out to the AFCON, so they were only ever going to miss 2 league games tops. Those games were Brentford at home and Palace away. Brentford's form has fallen off a cliff and we know Palace can be a tricky opponent but it depends on which Palace turns up. Either way, if you're Klopp and you could pick 2 games for Salah and Mane to miss, you'd take Brentford at home and Palace away as they should have more than enough to win those games without those two anyway and so it proved.
Palace who had 2 of their best players at AFCON too. The media failed to mention that, mind. Plucky underdogs Liverpool won against all odds against an overstrength Palace side....

I'm sure for the sake of the PL brand that the red scousers will be afforded every available assistance to win their remaining games and show the filthy Arabs who's boss. Just imagine the nationwide street parties celebrating such a magnificent achievement and think of the income generated from a few million more subscribers to Sky / BT.

Without any assistance, it will be hard for us to match that but we're well capable of doing so. No more brain farts, baldy!

Totally agree, but enjoy it?
The run in on the centurion season was awful as we both couldn’t drop a single point. Great for neutrals but nail biter for me.
That wasn't the centurions season but I agree the 2018/19 run-in was nerve shredding. I thought that title race was going to be the death of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.