The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Arsenal yesterday reminded me how we played when we were at our best. Quick, fluid, incisive, adventurous, confident and creative. You couldn’t use any of those words to describe us now.
Chelsea 4-0 aside we have been very ordinary since the Brentford game and I struggle to see how that’s going to change.
I fear the worst against Arsenal. They are by far the best team in the league at the moment.
I can’t see them dropping many points. Our form would suggest we’ll drop plenty.
things can change quickly though. I get why some look at arsenal and see us at our best. I personally dont think that at that level yet. But their getting the points with nice performances. For me their issues arise when teams start sitting in blocks against them like they do city because currently opposition teams are still arrogant enough to have a go hence the open fluid game.
When theyve had to face low blocks theyve struggles ie southampton newcastle and even united at OT.

Our form without a doubt needs to imporove and improve fast. We have 20 league games to get through yet and plenty can change us and arsenal have 3 games a week starting again soon can their squad handle it because right now they have been extremely fortunate with injuries.

The race is still on in my opinion

We’ve still got to play Arsenal twice. I still feel we can beat them. As good as they have been, they like to play football which could be beneficial to us, could be a more open game.

United beat them once already this season, no reason that game can’t end in a draw or defeat for Arsenal, we also saw Arsenal draw with Newcastle. So it’s not like they’re just going to breeze past any side. They have played two of the current top four and only taken 1 point in total.

still 20 games to go, 8 points can be dropped easily over that duration.

We obviously need to up our game, and that’s gonna be a challenge, but we are more than capable. I don’t necessarily think Arsenal are going to get much better. I think they are pretty much flat out at their peak right now, but that can easily drop in the next 20 games.

There’s no need to throw the towel in. If some of our players get their heads out of their arses and start playing again, there’s no reason we can’t hunt Arsenal down. It’s a marathon, not a sprint. We’re not even half way through yet.

If we beat Arsenal when we play the the first time, that could send some doubts into their minds and you could see the tide start to turn.

The race is still on in my opinion

We’ve still got to play Arsenal twice. I still feel we can beat them. As good as they have been, they like to play football which could be beneficial to us, could be a more open game.

United beat them once already this season, no reason that game can’t end in a draw or defeat for Arsenal, we also saw Arsenal draw with Newcastle. So it’s not like they’re just going to breeze past any side. They have played two of the current top four and only taken 1 point in total.

still 20 games to go, 8 points can be dropped easily over that duration.

We obviously need to up our game, and that’s gonna be a challenge, but we are more than capable. I don’t necessarily think Arsenal are going to get much better. I think they are pretty much flat out at their peak right now, but that can easily drop in the next 20 games.

There’s no need to throw the towel in. If some of our players get their heads out of their arses and start playing again, there’s no reason we can’t hunt Arsenal down. It’s a marathon, not a sprint. We’re not even half way through yet. Even

If we beat Arsenal when we play the the first time, that could send some doubts into their minds and you could see the tide start to turn.
i fully agree with you. Weve also seen frustration enter arteta and the players and fans when theyve played newcastle and southampton and united. when the pressures intensified and things arent going their way they begin to lose their heads a little.

It shows levels for me that despite our terrible form and arsenal playing at their peak were still on their coat tails. Same with the rags. Our worse form and their still isnt a huge gap points wise.

we do need our players to turn this form around and get they heads in game.

I can't see it doing any harm. He would certainly bring us closer to goal and earn us our fair share of free-kicks in dangerous positions.

I do think Kev needs to come out of the centre now, most of his best work these days is wide right and his crossing would come in to the box far quicker and from deeper too.

If we have two holders, there is more margin for risk.
He's probably currently our most inform player.

We are probably going to need at least 50 points from the last 20 games.
Basically, we need to be as good as we have been at any time during pep's tenure.

It's doable but we will need to seriously improve.

Correct. Pep can fix it and he will.

Perhaps he will need to sacrifice total dominance of the ball or look for more balls over the top, but he will know exactly what the problem is.

Agree with this. Our possession is too predictable and we play against massed defences. We almost need to find positions where we can willingly give the ball away in safe places in order to draw the opposition forward. We need to find a way to manufacture 3v3 situations instead of 9v9 ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.