The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct. Pep can fix it and he will.

Perhaps he will need to sacrifice total dominance of the ball or look for more balls over the top, but he will know exactly what the problem is.
We are so afraid of losing possession that we so often overlook a riskier pass that would open up a team. Happened numerous times on Saturday where Haaland and Kev made runs in behind and every single time we turned the pass down and just went sideways and backwards.

Correct. Pep can fix it and he will.

Perhaps he will need to sacrifice total dominance of the ball or look for more balls over the top, but he will know exactly what the problem is.

I think when Phillips shakes off the rust we will see a proper 4231 with Phillips and Rodri sitting and KDB playing off Haaland as #10.

Haaland needs someone up with him, Bernardo needs to sit on a bench, rest up for a while and decide if he wants to be here or not.

And despite all that they only got a result by virtue of one the worst decisions in the history of the premier league

We did but they shouldn’t have been in those positions to score those goals anyway. We should have shut up shop and maybe put Phillips on to be an extra person in front of the back four. If we want to be successful this season they need to know how to kill a game, we’ve frozen at Madrid and now Old Trafford collectively losing their heads.

I think when Phillips shakes off the rust we will see a proper 4231 with Phillips and Rodri sitting and KDB playing off Haaland as #10.

Haaland needs someone up with him, Bernardo needs to sit on a bench, rest up for a while and decide if he wants to be here or not.

All fair observations. I wouldn't mind even Kev playing wide right and Phil or Gundo playing off Haaland in the ten?

This game for me against spurs reminds me a little of 2018/19 season

december match day day 16 we played chelsea and lost we then proceeded to lose two more games in december back to back match day 18 and 19 against palace and leicester.

this resulted us in being 7 points behind liverpool and proceed to play a major game/performance we all remember that kicked us on.

constrasting that with todays season. we are around simular times in the season with a simular opponiont above us with a simular points gap.

this week is huge in terms of beat spurs and wolves and arsenal go into their game with a 2 point gap against united.

i think some of our big hitters are out of form kdb bernie and foden.
I also think it hasnt remotley helped us all year that we havent had a fully fit back line.

Laporte out (may-october) stones (september - october) dias (post world cup) walker (october - post world cup) and now stones again too. Weve essentially been playing at least one if not two of our so called 4th and 5th defenders (who have been great)

I think getting ruben back is huge because hes our leader on the pitch for me.

Watching Arsenal yesterday reminded me how we played when we were at our best. Quick, fluid, incisive, adventurous, confident and creative. You couldn’t use any of those words to describe us now.
Chelsea 4-0 aside we have been very ordinary since the Brentford game and I struggle to see how that’s going to change.
I fear the worst against Arsenal. They are by far the best team in the league at the moment.
I can’t see them dropping many points. Our form would suggest we’ll drop plenty.

Or Jack? I would love to seem him given free reign of the #10 pocket for a few games.

I can't see it doing any harm. He would certainly bring us closer to goal and earn us our fair share of free-kicks in dangerous positions.

I do think Kev needs to come out of the centre now, most of his best work these days is wide right and his crossing would come in to the box far quicker and from deeper too.

If we have two holders, there is more margin for risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.