The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are, but we also need Ruben fit on the pitch.

Stonesy is the big one for me. The only player willing and able to break the press from deeper.
If we can get Stones Dias and Laporte playing at the back (rotated, not in the same line-up), we can push out midfield up the pitch higher when we have possession because they can play the ball forward more quickly from the back.

Laporte is fit now but he’s not been trusted to play in any big games at all this season after his surgery. He’s only played against bottom half teams in the Prem, only Copenhagen in the CL and the games early rounds of the Cups. Surely now he’s fit enough to start playing in the big Prem games?

Dias is supposed to be back fit and ready to play by Sunday.

And Stones by Thursday.

I’d love to see Walker Stones Laporte and Cancelo play against Spurs. Walker and Cancelo also need to minutes in their legs. They were probably our second and third best players on Saturday against United and they need to put one good performance into a good run of form.

The basis of our whole play can be different with that back line. Then start bringing Dias back in as well.

It feels like the season can really get going for us then, stupid World Cup and our poor form before it and after it can be put to bed then.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we can get Stones Dias and Laporte playing at the back, we can push out midfield up the pitch higher when we have possession because they can play the ball forward more quickly from the back.

Laporte is fit now but he’s not been trusted to play in any big games at all this season after his surgery. He’s only played against bottom half teams, Copenhagen in the CL and the early rounds of the Cups. Surely now he’s fit enough to start playing in the big Prem games?

Dias is supposed to be back fit and ready to kick by Sunday.

And Stones by Thursday.

I’d love to see Walker Stones Laporte and Cancelo play against Spurs. Walker and Cancelo also need to minutes in their legs. They were probably our second and third best players on Saturday against United and they need to put one good performance into a good run of form.

The basis of our whole play can be different with that back line. Then start bringing Dias back in as well.

Wembley winner, aside, please no Laporte against Spurs.

Kane takes him for a walk into midfield and Son leaves him chasing shadows.

Spurs bring out the very worst of Laporte's traits.

As long as Akanji doesn't play against Kane. Useless in the air against anyone physical.

Hope Ruben is okay.

We'll be just fine. I'm sure we can and will still lift the title.

We should know better than anyone what it takes and the pressure which builds with every passing week.

Let's see where we are first before Arsenal kick off against United next Sunday afternoon.

The Arsenal FA Cup game also comes at a good time and will give us a real opportunity to plant a further seed.

Arsenal will also still be coming to Newcastle, Liverpool and City.

We need to start stringing winning runs together. And putting pressure on them. Something we haven't seem capable of doing since the opening few games.

Think you are taking it for granted a bit. For both teams.

But we certainly Can put them under pressure if we get our shit together. If we can manage that.

If we win the next 6 games we'll be top, and we'll win the league.

Beating Arsenal twice would show them and everyone else they're the weaker side, we play an extra game, so the gap would be cut to max 2 points and I think they'll drop some in their run of United-Everton-Brentford.

Huge if.

You were convinced we'd be 5 points clear by the time we play them. They might be out if reach by then, the way our form is at the moment.

But I do agree, if we go top after beating them, would be likely to win it.

if we go top after beating them, would be likely to win it.

I won't complain if we are 5 pts off them after we play them in February. Actually, I don't expect that we'll be fewer than 5 pts off them come March. We may be 3rd at some point over the next 5–6 weeks, and the forum will get a bit hysterical.

If we are, say, just 2 pts off the top team with 4–5 games to go (around the time we play Arsenal at home), which is perfectly possible, we'll have a good chance to win the league. We have experience and self-belief to do it.

Won't be for weak hearts (unless our title challenge unravels in the next few weeks).

As long as Akanji doesn't play against Kane. Useless in the air against anyone physical.

Hope Ruben is okay.
Still have nightmares about Laporte's performance in the CL in the CL 2019.

Hope Ruben is okay.
I heard Ruben is back in training but I can't see him making it for this one.

Interesting to see how we compare with previous seasons at this point :

YrRTeamPWDLGFGAGDPts
20182Manchester City18142250133744
20193Manchester City18122450203038
20202Manchester City18115231131838
20211Manchester City1814224493544
20221Manchester City1814224493544
20232Manchester City18123346182839

I won't complain if we are 5 pts off them after we play them in February. Actually, I don't expect that we'll be fewer than 5 pts off them come March. We may be 3rd at some point over the next 5–6 weeks, and the forum will get a bit hysterical.

If we are, say, just 2 pts off the top team with 4–5 games to go (around the time we play Arsenal at home), which is perfectly possible, we'll have a good chance to win the league. We have experience and self-belief to do it.

Won't be for weak hearts (unless our title challenge unravels in the next few weeks).
We may be 3rd on Wednesday night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.