The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A third of the season to go. We have won it before. We know what to do. We are unlikely to shit our pants. Whereas Arsenal are a young team who have had a good run, but can they keep it going when under pressure? Time will tell obviously, but I am expecting a few twists and turns to come. Come on City!

I would like us to win thr title despite us being average but they are doing well winning late and that is what matter. They scored late against Rags Villa Bournemouth. And they came from behind. Could have been 0 ploints but they have 9.they had their dip and they are still top. We could still go on run and win but that rin hasn't come. And I doubt we whave that this season. We will see. But ae need 10 wins including one against arsenal to have any chance in May
This is a contest which is fought game to game. Yes it was big for them to comeback yesterday but that must be followed up. I was totally unimpressed with their performance against us and they struck me as a team who are capable of losing goals and points. If we win against Palace the gap is back to 2 and they must go to Fulham to widen it again. If we keep winning, a big If perhaps, they will crack and we can slip past them in the run in. I think it is more down to us not them.

They're going to run out of gas, using up too much emotional energy already.
We're still in second gear. If Stones/Laporte come in and help settle our defending with Ruben we'll be fine.
If we are good enough to stay this close and then beat them at home then I'm confident we will overtake them in the run home.
Big point. If Stones can get back in and stay fit for 10 or 12 games it could make all the difference.

A third of the season to go. We have won it before. We know what to do. We are unlikely to shit our pants. Whereas Arsenal are a young team who have had a good run, but can they keep it going when under pressure? Time will tell obviously, but I am expecting a few twists and turns to come. Come on City!
like you say many twists and turns to come yet but i think we will have to beat them at home, if we bank those points today then there is only 2 in it so an unexpected draw for them puts it back in our hands with our goal average being better, we have to stay focused and win our games, carry on and they will crack under the presure i have no doubt

Reactions: Bez
I think Arsenal will drop points but worry we might also drop a few. In 2019 and 2022 the dippers were a point or two behind with about 15 games remaining and confident we would drop more than two points. We didn't. You can argue those City teams were better than the current Arsenal team, but we are possibly worse than the Liverpool teams that went on those long unbeaten runs.
I still think our best is better than Arsenal's best, but they seem to be picking up wins when not being too impressive.
Some think the Thursday League may leave them tired, but we face tougher opposition in the CLcand we're still in the FA Cup.

Tbh we're a young team and went from 2 seasons at 8th and one at 5th to being in a title race. We're also not Liverpool/UTD where the media is trying to convince everyone we're the best team in the world.

Our players/team are celebrating so hard cause they dont think winning the league/being the best team is their god given right like the rag cunts/Liverpool lot think.
Just ignore the stupid comments mate. Posters seem to have forgotten how we celebrated last minute winners against Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Southampton.

Football is an emotional game so the scenes at the emirates yesterdays are completely normal given the circumstances

I think the Prem want Arsenal to win it now, but obviously they need to bolster the red teams into CL positions so I guess they will be getting some enhanced results coming up after today . As for City well they (Prem) are probably ok with where we are this season. Newcastle will get some dodgy decisions to ensure they drop off and allow dippers into the top four, and the Prem can pat themselves on the back for getting Arse, dippers and scum chump league qualification . We as always will have to beat the team in front of us, the ref/var team, the match commander and the Prem itself to win the league.

We need to win all our games and most importantly beat them. They'll drop points at least one more time this season to someone other than us, I'm sure of it. They're not playing well enough to win 12 in a row. All we can do is concentrate on winning all our games because eventually they will drop points and we can gain our advantage.

I'm seeing a fair bit of ...anger? which is sad cause we've been civil up til now. If we win the league, we do. If we dont then we dont and congratulations on 3 in a row.

Watching the game, Bournemouth were time wasting since they went up. It was the reason we got 6 mins. At the start of the 6 mins the keeper and other players were feigning injuries so the ref added that time on to the extra. We were fortunate that the ref actually decided to give the right amount of time.

The bigger issue is refs not punishing time wasting properly in other games by adding on the right amount of time (Like in the WC).
End of the day the majority will applaud arsenal if they do win the title but what is plain to see is a concerted media effort to discredit Man City from any success they get including winning a game in which every commentator roots against us . We are the most hated team that I’ve ever known and certain teans are getting a little push from certain decisions going against us . As for arsenals third yesterday the letter of the law was upheld with time wasting but we would not get that going our way . If you win the title this season you have deserved it and played some really good football with sone outstanding players aswelk especially odergaard who has city written all over him but I do see with these last minute winners cracks starting to appear and nerves showing whereas we are starting to get a run together and our form is starting to click so it’s going to be a toe to toe till the end of the season and if you come out in too then we’ll done because it’s better arsenal that Liverpool or Utd .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.