The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my own ranking system of the games left:
Screenshot 2023-03-05 at 11.24.05.png

Of course a lot of the games we perceive to be easier could be sandwiched between European and FA Cup games and some of these teams will be fighting for their lives.

Screenshot 2023-03-05 at 11.42.19.png

I do think the result against Newcastle yesterday was huge. Liverpool on the 1st April looks league defining for us, we could do with a favour from Fulham, West Ham or Palace or our heads may go if we don't beat Liverpool.

Easiest way to judge the run in is to say; would you swap our fixtures for theirs?

I wouldn't. Liverpool (A), Newcastle (A) and your title rival (A). That'll be brutal for them.

This is my own ranking system of the games left:
View attachment 71069

Of course a lot of the games we perceive to be easier could be sandwiched between European and FA Cup games and some of these teams will be fighting for their lives.

View attachment 71071

I do think the result against Newcastle yesterday was huge. Liverpool on the 1st April looks league defining for us, we could do with a favour from Fulham on the 12th March or our heads may go if we don't beat Liverpool.
Nice piece of work. Thanks for going to the trouble of doing this.
I see that Arsenal play on Friday night before coming to the Etihad the following midweek giving them maximum preparation time. I doubt our visit to Brighton will be happening that weekend due the the FA Cup semis with one or both teams looking like they’ll be involved there. We’ll very possibly have a Wembley trip on Sunday afternoon to deal with before playing a well-rested Arsenal on the Wednesday.

If it were a prime Liverpool five points ahead, I'd be slightly more worried.

Arsenal are far from it and even a prime Liverpool were reeled in by us twice.

We're not prime City either, yet here we are, still on the shoulder and trying to maintain decent position until the last bend.

Liverpool will be our toughest game again, as I expect them to beat United today and start to reel in Spurs and Newcastle, especially with Diaz due to return before we play them.
Honestly think we stand a chance if we can get stones or Laporte out there with dias
Foden form is back, Bernardo is running again
Need de bruyne to step it up
Pep needs to start affecting games with his subs though
He is leaving it too late to react, he needs to start changing the game before the other team does and killing it off

I get where you're coming from but we'd have been the same in their position. The scenes after our Fulham win were similar.

It's recognition from Arsenal that they might have to win every single game to finish above City. And that ain't happening if they have to rely on injury time winners.

As gutting as the 97th minute was, I'm seeing the positives that Arsenal are vulnerable enough to nearly drop points at home to Bournemouth of all teams. Also that Arsenal winning might be a setback for us but it's a bigger disaster for the rags. Might even stop the media quadruple talk if they don't win tomorrow.
The media will still be quoting the quadruple bullshit on the last day of the season when they are 20 points behind , a top four finish will be considered a trophy.

I mean do you blame us? What have we won recently?
you have won sweet F.A. although the FA Cup Final is a good day out , but because of your City connections Arteta , Zinny and Jesus i wouldnt be gutted if you win it , far prefered than the Dippers or Rags and obviously if we win the Champs league it would soften the blow

LIke you had won the Champs league after beating Bournemouth , absolutely
It’s raw emotion mate and j doubt it had anything to do with hem thinking the d won the title it’s more like they have dug themselves out if a big hole to get 3 points and it’s like Rodri when we beat arsenal last season. Credit we’re credit is due they are rolling but they are creaking aswell.

arsenal are a very good side and i think it will go to the last game like most of our title wins.if they hold us off under the pressure we will put them under then fair play they will deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.