The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's going to go right down to the wire this one. Probably not a great insight mind! :)

Looking at the run-ins I think ours is slightly easier in that the teams who worry me are Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea. The only other team who could be a wild card are Everton in that they raise their game against us and could, potentially, be fighting relegation although Dyche has got some form out of them.

Arsenal have Liverpool away, us away, Chelsea, Newcastle away and then their last 2 games are Forest away and Wolves at home. Both Forest and Wolves could be fighting relegation and could be tricky at the end of the season if they have to win. I think their chances will be defined at the end of April when they have us on the 26th, Chelsea on the 29th then Newcastle on the 6th. Even the week after against Brighton could be tricky. If they win all those games, they are deserved champions but I think they'll slip here.

Having watched Arsenal a few times this season, they are genuinely a very good team and given their record so far I think we're going to have to be pretty much perfect now. We can't afford any draws etc. However, of all the teams and managers in this league, there's only 2 who've gone on insane winning streaks - Pep and Klopp, and not Arteta.

It will be a fascinating run in and I suspect the pressure of the different KO times might affect Arsenal. If they know they HAVE to win games as we've already won it could rattle them, plus even just us going top will do as well. All that said, Arteta has clearly picked up a lot from Pep so it will be a good test to see how he handles the pressure.

I just wish we were playing well really. If we were on form I'd 100% say we'll do it but I just don't really see us winning the next 10 on the bounce for example. That said, I'm usually wrong on footie matters so watch us do it! :)

Just make sure and win our next game against Liverpool
It’ll start to get interesting after that if we do

I’ll write off arsenals next two games, they’ll beat both Palace and Leeds at home
Then it gets tricky for them

Their match win celebrations are getting more and more cringeworthy.

Today after winning at Fulham.

D4-F127-A3-FB7-F-4-A8-B-938-F-4-C33-A1-D8-CE31.webp

I think it's going to go right down to the wire this one. Probably not a great insight mind! :)

Looking at the run-ins I think ours is slightly easier in that the teams who worry me are Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea. The only other team who could be a wild card are Everton in that they raise their game against us and could, potentially, be fighting relegation although Dyche has got some form out of them.

Arsenal have Liverpool away, us away, Chelsea, Newcastle away and then their last 2 games are Forest away and Wolves at home. Both Forest and Wolves could be fighting relegation and could be tricky at the end of the season if they have to win. I think their chances will be defined at the end of April when they have us on the 26th, Chelsea on the 29th then Newcastle on the 6th. Even the week after against Brighton could be tricky. If they win all those games, they are deserved champions but I think they'll slip here.

Having watched Arsenal a few times this season, they are genuinely a very good team and given their record so far I think we're going to have to be pretty much perfect now. We can't afford any draws etc. However, of all the teams and managers in this league, there's only 2 who've gone on insane winning streaks - Pep and Klopp, and not Arteta.

It will be a fascinating run in and I suspect the pressure of the different KO times might affect Arsenal. If they know they HAVE to win games as we've already won it could rattle them, plus even just us going top will do as well. All that said, Arteta has clearly picked up a lot from Pep so it will be a good test to see how he handles the pressure.

I just wish we were playing well really. If we were on form I'd 100% say we'll do it but I just don't really see us winning the next 10 on the bounce for example. That said, I'm usually wrong on footie matters so watch us do it! :)

Don't forget Brentford on the last day of the season.

We've played them 3 times and we won close games and lost at home in the 98th minute!

The football media in general are desperate for it to happen.

1 of the 3 red shirts winning the PL title again. Normal red shirts service resumed.

B05FBB60-2CFA-40EE-8BA3-AE30F52248A0.jpeg

The football media in general are desperate for it to happen.

1 of the 3 red shirts winning the PL title again. Normal red shirts service resumed.

View attachment 71923
Haha

Another informative football presenter who is next to useless and just barely 1 step up from Micah. Money for old rope this presenting lark.

I think we’ll win it with games to spare.

My main worry for the rest of the season is getting the rags in the semi and going down there all giddy expecting a repeat of 2011 and instead getting a repeat of last season’s SF debacle.

Breaking those horrible scouse cunts’ hearts to win the league more than made up for that semi defeat last year but I’m not sure pipping Arsenal to the title would outweigh the misery if we were to lose to the rags this season.

All ifs and buts I know

I can’t see Arsenal doing any worse than 7/2/2 out of their last 11 games. That probably optimistic too. Forest and Wolves won’t be any obstacle if they need to win those two games to win the league.

That would put then on 89 points.

We have to be almost flawless to win the league this season. Perhaps a couple of draws at best or one loss one draw.

It’s doable as we have shown before but there is not much room for manoeuvre.

Certainly can’t lose to Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.