The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why everyone says its in our hands. I think it makes us favourites now but bar the game on the 26th April we have no control over what arsenal do. If we win every game 1-0 and they win every game 3-0 (bar the defeat to us obviously) they would win on goal difference so whilst that draw gives a momentum swing it's not quite as simple as win our games and we are champions though it should be enough if we do it's not a given.
I’m not sure you understand the meaning of “in our hands.”

If it was not in our hands, there is nothing we could do to win the League with out Arsenal dropping more points. Now that it is IN our hands, we don’t need Arsenal to drop points, we just have to win our remaining games and not surrender a 5 GD cushion. If we beat them, which we would have to do to keep it our hands by then, that GD would obviously improve by at least +2.

As long as Arsenal feel the pressure from us, we know there'll be twists and turns.

I'd rather be in their position but they're not as strong as the City / Liverpool sides over the past 4 seasons so let's see if we can reel them in.

Barring any major injuries I'm confident in our team.

One plus for City is that we could have two games a week now until the end of the season. It gets the rhythm and momentum going for the run-in. No time to ponder and worry about the next game too much because the next game comes so quickly, you are forced to be ‘on it’ all the time.

Whereas Arsenal do have time to worry about each game. They only have one midweek game left.
Agree, always think we're better when we're regular playing.

I’m not sure you understand the meaning of “in our hands.”

If it was not in our hands, there is nothing we could do to win the League with out Arsenal dropping more points. Now that it is IN our hands, we don’t need Arsenal to drop points, we just have to win our remaining games and not surrender a 5 GD cushion. If we beat them, which we would have to do to keep it our hands by then, that GD would obviously improve by at least +2.
Yep. And at least another plus one for the other game in hand we win too. So we'd have to relinquish a minimum GD advantage of +8, and a goals scored advantage too.

People talking about a +5 GD but, if we beat them, it is at least +2 on top of that and we have a game in hand so, assuming we win that, another +1 again. So, they may need to outscore us by more than 8 to get the GD back. Looking at the number of 1-goal wins they’ve had, that feels less likely to me. Remember Liverpool chasing the GD in 2014 and it blew up in their faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.