The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It never works out like this though.

Look over the years in tight races.

It’s united vs Everton and dippers vs west brom.

There’s random banana skins. We’ve been masters of avoiding them. Burnley. Leicester. Newcastle.

Arsenal have no idea how this goes. We do.
Arsenal have avoided plenty of banana skins this season. Those last minute goals or saves against Bournemouth, Villa, Utd, Liverpool etc. Which is why they aren't out of it yet.

Here’s an interesting thought that No one seems to have mentioned. Am I right in thinking that we haven’t been topall season? And if so, were we to go on and win the league, we’d only go top in the last week. Surely that’s got to be yet another record for Pep. Shortest amount of time spent at top of the league and winning it. And conversely, haven’t Arsenal been top pretty much the entire season? That would also be a record of the unwanted variety…
We were top after the Bournemouth home game and also after we beat Arsenal in February (we'd played a game more at that point though)

If Wigan can beat the Centurions, West Ham or Southampton or Forest...can take points off Arsenal. Both City and Arsenal can drop points in any game. It's how football works. I expect Arsenal to drop points...unexpectedly.

Still, Arsenal may be 9 pts clear before our game with them due to our involvement in the FA Cup. The task will seem a bit daunting, but will be doable as long as we win that game.

West Ham are truly shocking this season, they will sit deep and arsenal will dominate the ball and break them down almost at will. 4 0 arsenal win with 2 goals coming in the first 30 mins is my prediction.
Suspect you are right. I’ve watched them a couple of times and they were clueless and utter gash on both occasions..

Last couple of away games, Liverpool and Fulham, arsenal have been fast out the blocks. They've killed any chance of atmosphere and the crowd getting behind the home team. West ham need to get through the first 20 mins if they have any chance

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.