The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weirdly it doesn’t change a great deal. Still in both teams hands and a draw is still enough for them at The Etihad. But it uses up one of their ‘lives’. Before today’s game they could have drawn with us and drawn at Newcastle, winning the rest and that would have been enough for them. But now they have used up one of those lifelines in a game they didn’t expect it to be used up.
It doesn’t change anything apart from Arsenal feeling the pressure and their points advantage evaporating with each game, keeps minds focused and a lot of points to play and still many twists and turns.

We still have Brighton away, for example, and I really hope they have nothing to play for by then. We need to keep going, and I am not sure we will win every remaining game. Arsenal will drop points, so it's about beating them at the Etihad. Play our normal game, and we will be fine.

I said last week after the dippers game Arsenal do not look like a title winning team.

They lack authority and are mentally flimsy.

They don’t kill games off when in excellent positions.

Today they looked like a side who are absolutely shitting themselves (already) and don’t have a clue how to handle business end pressure.

Time to kill the cunts off.

Weirdly it doesn’t change a great deal. Still in both teams hands and a draw is still enough for them at The Etihad. But it uses up one of their ‘lives’. Before today’s game they could have drawn with us and drawn at Newcastle, winning the rest and that would have been enough for them. But now they have used up one of those lifelines in a game they didn’t expect it to be used up.
I think it is massive.
It means that if we beat them then we can afford at least a draw in our last few games. That might come in handy away at Brighton...

I said last week after the dippers game Arsenal do not look like a title winning team.

They lack authority and are mentally flimsy.

They don’t kill games off when in excellent positions.

Today they looked like a side who are absolutely shitting themselves (already) and don’t have a clue how to handle business end pressure.

Time to kill the cunts off.

Also with not having midweek games, they have all week to think about being 2-0 up, not easy to forget

I think it is massive.
It means that if we beat them then we can afford at least a draw in our last few games. That might come in handy away at Brighton...
Important for the title race that we stay in the CL, that Brighton away game looks to be our hardest so get it as late as possible in the season, we may not need a win by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.