The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although dropping points at home to Arsenal would have been unthinkable, we’re now in a position where a draw wouldn’t be a total disaster. Obviously they’d still have to drop more points than us but only by 1. I think that will make it more likely that we will beat them because it’s no longer all or nothing on the win.

I mean if you're going to get pedantic about it, we have to win 8 league games, beat Sheffield United, win on aggregate v Bayern and then win on aggregate v Real (or Chelsea). That's 11. Okay technically if you're considering the Champions League games to be two legs rather than aggregate scores than we can drop a single leg... but it doesn't change the arithmetic at all.

My point is winning two 2-leg ties, a cup semi and 8 league games in a row is very unlikely. If it wasn't the best team would be winning the treble regularly.
It's also incredibly rare that teams are still in the hunt for a treble with so few games remaining and with a margin for error available.

5live also still trying to will on arsenal claiming that "City will still drop points between now and the end of the season"

Based on what exactly?
I mean - it's more likely than not that we'll drop some.

But then if you had to put money on who would drop the most points it wouldn't now be us.

It was always going to be the case that teams near the bottom would up their game as the season comes to a close, they have everything to play for in order to keep their PL status.

Our game yesterday being a case in point, as soon as we made a number of changes Leicester sensed an opportunity and the game could have ended in a draw,

The big thing now is that the title is in our own hands, the game against Arsenal will be huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.