The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an inflexion point in the fixture list which comes on the 7th May when Arsenal play Newcastle. Up until then we have the easier fixtures. After that day we have the harder fixtures with 4 still to play.

Therefore it's all about building up as big of a cushion as we possibly can by that day.

We currently have a two draw/one loss cushion, if we can make it a three draw/two loss cushion (6 pts) then I think that'll be sufficient.

Easier or harder games means nothing, pie in the sky stuff at this point.

As we've seen all season, we've dropped points against teams we shouldn't and turned over our nearest competitor.

Arsenal haven't won in 4 games but would've considered some of those bankers during the run in.

The nature of football means any team has a chance to win everywhere, especially a good team like Arsenal. They won't be favourites at Newcastle, but it's far from impossible to win there. I give them at least 25% chance to take 3 pts from that game. It's more likely that they won't win, though. I think the most likely outcome from that game is a Newcastle win.
Thank you for the imput

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.