The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
rainn-wilson.gif

Fortunately, if all goes well in the next two home matches, we should have a few points to play with come that Everton game, and it being 3 days before the second leg means we have to select a team with that home leg in mind - assuming the first leg doesn’t finish 4-0 either way ;-)

Fortunately, we have nearly 5 days to recover between Real away and Everton which will help us to be fresh for both Everton and the home leg vs Real.

Something is going to have to give in the Leeds and/or Everton team selections imho.
If we beat West Ham then we have to think ahead to the RM game, we can't afford key players getting injured and we need them fresh for that game.

To me, it's a must win on Wednesday.
We should win as i can't see us not scoring, but we really just need to keep it tight at the back. We fell asleep for their goal today and we were fucking around back there at times.

It's ours to lose now and the return of Phil will be huge boost for us.

The three in row is in sight!

Fortunately, we have nearly 5 days to recover between Real away and Everton which will help us to be fresh for both Everton and the home leg vs Real.
Until the league reschedule our West Ham match to between those games due to the coronation… ;-)

I just don't see Arsenal winning up at Newcastle, i really don't.
Newcastle are going big for that 3rd place spot and there was alot of shit going on at the Emirates between Arteta and Howe.
Eddy will want these smashed

The nature of football means any team has a chance to win everywhere, especially a good team like Arsenal. They won't be favourites at Newcastle, but it's far from impossible to win there. I give them at least 25% chance to take 3 pts from that game. It's more likely that they won't win, though. I think the most likely outcome from that game is a Newcastle win.

Next 3 are huge for Arsenal:

Arsenal's last 5 home games v Chelsea, Won 2, Lost 2, Drawn 1. Under Arteta it's 1 win and 2 losses. Including a 2-1 loss to Lampard's Chelsea.

Newcastle have lost 3 times in their last 30 home league games, 2 x Liverpool and 1 x City. They've only lost to Liverpool at home this season and an early red card prevented them getting back into that game. Newcastle beat them at the end of last season when they were going for top 4 and drew at the Emirates this season.

In their last 11 meetings (includes 1 league cup game this season), Brighton v Arsenal, it's 5 wins for Brighton, 3 draws, 3 wins for Arsenal. At the Emirates in the last 5 games it's 1 Arsenal win, 1 draw, 3 Brighton wins.

I don't see them winning all 3 and that means assuming we do our job, we can afford at least 2 losses. If they win those 3 then it will get tough for us.

I think we wrap it up at Chelsea (H). We'll still have to work our bollocks off against West Ham (H), Leeds (H) and Everton (A).

Statistically the hardest 5 games left:
Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 21.27.17.png
Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 21.27.22.png
Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 21.27.37.png
Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 21.27.09.png
Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 21.28.03.png
Next is Forest (A) for Arsenal. 66% chance of winning for Arsenal.
Then Chelsea (H) for us. 68% chance of winning for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.