The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I’d be more than happy to win it at the Chelsea game, so that we can rest a few players versus Brighton and Brentford.

Arsenal look like they’ll get about 84 / 85 points to me, so three more wins and we’re there.

Personally I’d be more than happy to win it at the Chelsea game, so that we can rest a few players versus Brighton and Brentford.

Arsenal look like they’ll get about 84 / 85 points to me, so three more wins and we’re there.
538 agrees with you

The matches where City don’t have the biggest enough gaps between games are the two before the RM matches….Leeds and Everton. No way will we play our best team in those games. They are the matches to look out for even if they aren’t the biggest threat on paper. At least Leeds is at home.

View attachment 77264

Todays City highest rated in our history and still climbing.It says 10th May but it’s just the way the algorithm works it’s effectively today.

Three Pep teams make the top 5 of all time :)

Don't know how this works but if we win the CL we'll probably make the top 3 or go top.

Liverpool 2020 are there because of their insane(-ly lucky) run in 19/20 when they dropped just 2 pts in the first 28 games or something.

538 agrees with you

The matches where City don’t have the biggest enough gaps between games are the two before the RM matches….Leeds and Everton. No way will we play our best team in those games. They are the matches to look out for even if they aren’t the biggest threat on paper. At least Leeds is at home.
Everton will be tricky, as bad as they are.

Leeds I think are so bad at the back that we can rotate and still win it fairly comfortably.

Rodri and Gundogan both look knackered but I can’t see Guardiola trusting Phillips to start, even against Leeds where you think he’d have something to prove.

Three Pep teams make the top 5 of all time :)

Don't know how this works but if we win the CL we'll probably make the top 3 or go top.

Liverpool 2020 are there because of their insane(-ly lucky) run in 19/20 when they dropped just 2 pts in the first 28 games or something.
Yes I noticed that too.

I think if we win all the remaining games we would go 4th this season.. to go higher we would need West Ham to keep winning in Europe to increase the relative quality of the PL in Europe so to get top 3 it would probably be the start of next season.

What is noticeable is that we are the only team near the top that haven‘t won the CL.

With you re Liverpool. Elo doesn’t strip the luck out like 538 site but Clubelo goes back in time whereas 538 doesn’t.

Last edited:
Bayern, Madrid and Liverpool places are a joke.
Elo isn’t great at showing the true peak. It’s cumulative winning streaks..more a consistency rating I’d say. 538 shows the peak but doesn’t have the historical side. Good talking point though.

To my eyes Barca were the best side I’ve ever seen but maybe in 2010 or 2011 rather than 2012.

Absolutely, but it would be better not needing a result against Everton. They will be fighting for survival and have a 30 yr record of pulling a rabbit out the hat in the last few games when they should otherwise go down.

Correct. West Ham is also likely to be a very difficult game on Wednesday for us.

Arsenal will be looking to hang in this week, but it we do our jobs against West Ham and Leeds, the pressure is right back on Arsenal at Newcastle.

Everton will be a bear pit.

Correct. West Ham is also likely to be a very difficult game on Wednesday for us.

Arsenal will be looking to hang in this week, but it we do our jobs against West Ham and Leeds, the pressure is right back on Arsenal at Newcastle.

Everton will be a bear pit.
And with Real Madrid right after Everton I don’t think we can play our strongest team in that one.

I remember Pep saying a 4 day gap no problem but a 3 day gap not so much.

Even with the rivalry I don’t expect Chelsea to do much v Arsenal but they will fall vs Newcastle away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.