The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think there's a touch too much discussion of Arsenal's mentality, and not enough talk that without their first choice centre backs they leak goals. If Gabriel is out it's very, very likely they'll struggle to win at the weekend.
Even better would be if Gabriel plays through the knock he obviously picked up.

He’s been exposed in Saliba’s absence and playing injured would make him even worse.

Think there's a touch too much discussion of Arsenal's mentality, and not enough talk that without their first choice centre backs they leak goals. If Gabriel is out it's very, very likely they'll struggle to win at the weekend.
I'm still undecided over whether he was really injured or simply time wasting to slow any Chelsea momentum.

I reckon this is how it will play out.

City v Leeds: Win — 82 pts
Newcastle v Arse: Lose — 78 pts

Everton v City: Win — 85 pts
Arse v Brighton: Draw — 79 pts

We effectively win it on the 14th (as our GD will be far superior).
Hope this turns out to be accurate but can’t see it.

I can see both sides getting 4 points from their next two games.

Hope this turns out to be accurate but can’t see it.

I can see both sides getting 4 points from their next two games.
Well, that would mean our max points would be 92 and Arsenal’s would be 88, so we could lose one or draw two of our last 3, assuming Arsenal win both of their last two (not a given).

I’d take that, as well.

But I am sticking by my prediction. It could be wrong, and I’ll change it if it is. ;-)

Edited to fix my maths error.

Last edited:
Well, that would mean our max points would be 91 and Arsenal’s would be 88, so we could lose one (and still win the league on GD) or draw one (and win outright) of our last 3, assuming Arsenal win both of their last two (not a given), and we don’t pull a Boro result.

I’d take that, as well.

But I am sticking by my prediction. It could be wrong, and I’ll change it if it is. ;-)
Even better - we'd have a max of 92 in that situation - we'd still be able to draw twice.

City win agin dirty lids

Arse draw with Georgia's.

3 points clear.

One game in hand.

One more game fulfilled

We have the GOALDEN point !

Fridge !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.