The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It all unraveled for Arsenal after that disaster back to back draws in Liverpool and West Ham. After that opening I knew City wouldn't waste this opportunity. If City win the next games against Real and Chelsea we can relax and celebrate until June.
I know what you mean, if we beat Chelsea on Sunday the Etihad will go off big time, fuck June.

I don't get Arsenal conceding the title and all the pundits saying it's done. It's never over until the fat lady sings. Sure it's very difficult and I hope to God it is over but this scenario changes it entirely. Arsenal beat Forest on Saturday. One point behind, they have one game left. Everyone then expects us to beat Chelsea on Sunday.....but...we draw or lose. We then have two very tough away games and need two, or one point, providing as expected Arsenal beat Wolves on the final day. We lose at Brighton. It's then squeaky bum time on the final day. Now of course we all hope Arsenal.lose to Forest on Saturday and it's party time on Sunday. Please God.

You have to believe you are the best, you have to show the rest of the league you are the best, they had to show everyone when they played us they deserved to be champions ,we fucking mauled them, we didn't just beat arsenal we destroyed them, I keep telling everyone we are the best team in world football, doesn't mean we can't get beaten, but no team comes near us, isn't big headed it's true,

we need to show on Wednesday who we are, no doubts, beat teams before we play them

I don't get Arsenal conceding the title and all the pundits saying it's done. It's never over until the fat lady sings. Sure it's very difficult and I hope to God it is over but this scenario changes it entirely. Arsenal beat Forest on Saturday. One point behind, they have one game left. Everyone then expects us to beat Chelsea on Sunday.....but...we draw or lose. We then have two very tough away games and need two, or one point, providing as expected Arsenal beat Wolves on the final day. We lose at Brighton. It's then squeaky bum time on the final day. Now of course we all hope Arsenal.lose to Forest on Saturday and it's party time on Sunday. Please God.
Are you joking Paul? I am a typically pessimistic “typical City” fan but you really think we won’t win one of our last 3 games? Tbh I don’t see arsenal winning at forest so I think we will win it before Sunday

That facet to this squad is criminally underreported. And unacknowledged by some on here, lamentably.

Their metal resolve is incredible. Eleven wins on the spin and counting. At the business end of the season. Whilst still fighting on all extant cup fronts.

Pep is a fucking genius.

A lot of talk about how Arsenal's mentality changed and how our former players would have added to the fear of being chased down, but Pep really deserves a mention too, with the subtle mind games over the last number of weeks.

I've mentioned this a couple of times, in this run of wins, he shifted to almost dismissing the early part of the season. Talking about how players are so much more focused at the end when they know each game is a 'final' and wins are more important, where as they were a bit 'relaxed' before.

Sure, it spurs on our players then, and lets them put previous dropped points behind them. But imagine also being Arsenal, having raced ahead and hardly dropped anything in the first part of the season, effectively being told it doesn't matter and the real battle is now.

Are you joking Paul? I am a typically pessimistic typically City fan but you really think we won’t win one of our last 3 games? Tbh I don’t see arsenal winning at forest so I think we will win it before Sunday

I'm not saying any of this WILL happen but I get uneasy celebrating something that isn't done yet. It will be a bearpit at Forest on Saturday as they fight for survival and I hope they win and it's a totally relaxed day of celebration for us on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.