The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Premier League is the one I want to see is win if I could pick one competition.

Being Champions of Europe has a better ring to it than Champions of England, but you have to play 38 matches and have stamina to win it, as Arsenal learnt the hard way last season.

Also, it will be four titles in a row for the first time ever.
If I had to chose 1 it would be CL.
I want us to have a bigger worldwide fan base than the dippers and rags and CL is the way to go about that.
A lot of young un's here are now following City.

I thought we showed a lot of resilience last night to hold onto the win despite being down to 10 men. And we didn’t give up in the Community Shield. Arguably, we handled the penalty pressure better than you. Given however, how widespread this stereotypical meme is on here, it’s certainly how you City fans seem to view us. I’d love a pound for every time the word ‘giddy’ has been used on here. But if it makes you lot happy in believing it, carry on, no skin off my nose.
Well you have the temerity to come on here bigging up Arse and criticising City fans for their choice of words :)

Community Shield means nothing to Pep. It's a glorified friendly. You could see Pep wanted the Super Cup much much more. Penalties can go either way, they're a lottery, even the best footballers on the planet miss penalties, so again means nothing....Giddy is a perfect description of you Gooners, it sums you up. LoL !
You have a great team.....better than the rags and dippers but nowhere near ours, or our manager.....And you know it :)

Well you have the temerity to come on here bigging up Arse and criticising City fans for their choice of words :)

Community Shield means nothing to Pep. It's a glorified friendly. You could see Pep wanted the Super Cup much much more. Penalties can go either way, they're a lottery, even the best footballers on the planet miss penalties, so again means nothing....Giddy is a perfect description of you Gooners, it sums you up. LoL !
You have a great team.....better than the rags and dippers but nowhere near ours, or our manager.....And you know it :)

I haven’t been bigging up Arsenal. Maybe City will prevail again but who knows? Time will tell.

I feel confident this year on the basis I just thing we’ll be ultra solid at the back (our stats since Pep changes his system to 4 CBs is actually ridiculous) and we score far too many goals not to pick up tons of points if we are barely conceding. I’d be surprised if we didn’t pass the 90pt mark should injuries not ravage the squad.

Where does all this respect for Newcastle come from?

They're a good side, but I'd sooner play them every week than either Arsenal or Liverpool, who are both far better sides.

Liverpool were poor last season, but could be very dangerous this year if they can sort out their midfield.

Still think it'll be City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and then the rest.
Brighton 5th?

I feel confident this year on the basis I just thing we’ll be ultra solid at the back (our stats since Pep changes his system to 4 CBs is actually ridiculous) and we score far too many goals not to pick up tons of points if we are barely conceding. I’d be surprised if we didn’t pass the 90pt mark should injuries not ravage the squad.
This is the key point imo.

We haven't conceded more than one goal since Pep stumbled on this new system in January. That run has involved Arsenal, Bayern, and Real home and away, two cup finals, and nearly every team in the league at least once. We have also strengthened our defence, and from the small sample of games we have so far this doesn't look like it will be an obvious drop off from their point of view.

Unless something happens to Haaland and Alvarez - injuries or dry spells - you'd back us to score at least one in games a decent chunk of the time, even without Kev.

The season obviously lives and dies on our ability to keep that level of consistency up, but if I were the rest of the league I'd be looking at that and getting worried.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.