The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thank you for that balanced and welcoming post. Much appreciated. I’m new to this forum and still ‘finding my feet’ so to speak, gauging how views are expressed and responded to.

I have been a bit surprised at how sensitive some of you are on here but there you go.

And I’m someone who doesn’t dislike City. I admire the football you’ve played these past few years and I do like Pep. One of the greats.
Hey, I'm another that wants to hear other fans perspectives (whether I agree or not).

I do think Arsenal looks quite sloppy against Palace. It took a soft penalty and 10 minutes of last-ditch defending to conquer a bang-average Palace side. The big question is whether this is Arsenal's level (meaning you will drop points throughout the season) or if it's a good side picking up points despite playing poorly (which we would all be saying is a sign of Champions).

If it cheers you up, I was posting on Arsenal Mania last season and got a load of shite for (what I thought were) pretty balanced, non-partisan posts.

My probably minority view is that Arsenal didn't bottle it. I think they were unlucky that that their home game against us was postponed. At the original time, the match wasn't hugely high profile, at that time we were still concentrating on Liverpool. They might have beaten us, drawn or still lost, but it wouldn't have hung over them that there was still six points to lose against City. Having a lead in February but knowing there's still six points to lose will eat away at anyone. We've shown that you can drop points early in the season without panicking.
Arsenal having a points advantage but also having those six points against us just meant they were never as far in front as the league table showed.
I still think they slightly over-performed. Liverpool's absence from the race, meant someone had to take us on and they found themselves as the only ones taking us on. If they'd managed to win at the Emirates against us in a tight game, I think they'd have actually made it. It all hinged on those two games, but you don't usually have both in the Spring, especially as we do have extra gears. I wouldn't have resented an Arsenal title, but blown away by those last few months of City. The credit is mainly ours, but some still goes to Arsenal.

Hey, I'm another that wants to hear other fans perspectives (whether I agree or not).

I do think Arsenal looks quite sloppy against Palace. It took a soft penalty and 10 minutes of last-ditch defending to conquer a bang-average Palace side. The big question is whether this is Arsenal's level (meaning you will drop points throughout the season) or if it's a good side picking up points despite playing poorly (which we would all be saying is a sign of Champions).

If it cheers you up, I was posting on Arsenal Mania last season and got a load of shite for (what I thought were) pretty balanced, non-partisan posts.
Arsenal is strong and i cant understand why not that many wants to admit it or even looks very angry for the fact (additionaly for pretty much any other team as well;p).

If anything, it only adds to our team's greatness, as simple as that. City are PL Champions (usually much more) when Liverpool had their probably greatest side of all time, Arsenal revives, United had renowned coaches and massive spendindgs, Chelsea won UCL + massive spendings.

Moreover, You have Mikel there, 3 years with City, great input for sure, its always going to be a bit of our experience. Why ignore it as it has never happened. Little nostalgy to Zinchenko as well and for some also for Jesus (idk i have a bit of wrong feeling towards him). Let them cook.

Especially since man win direct games over them all the time;D;P

The table looks good as it is now. Thats how it will look at the end of the season so lets just canx remaining games and start again next August.

Seriously i think its between you and Arsenal again, maybe chelsea due to no European football. God thats Weird me saying no Europe for chelsea whilst waiting to see what Europa league Opponents we have in our group.

The table looks good as it is now. Thats how it will look at the end of the season so lets just canx remaining games and start again next August.

Seriously i think its between you and Arsenal again, maybe chelsea due to no European football. God thats Weird me saying no Europe for chelsea whilst waiting to see what Europa league Opponents we have in our group.
Life must be a buzz for you boys right now; scoring goals for fun in the PL, and preparing for you first (?) European campaign.

How much for Mitoma, by the way?

Life must be a buzz for you boys right now; scoring goals for fun in the PL, and preparing for you first (?) European campaign.

How much for Mitoma, by the way?
Reply going so well up until ur last sentance lol.

Buzzing aint the word, infact no words can explain what im feeling about BHAFC at the moment. Just over 9,246 days ago we were bottom of the league, 1 game away from being in non league to now being top, early days i know, and it will be downhill from here, but just amazing and proud. Realistically i will settle for top half finish and good cup runs, maybe lifting a cup even better. If we could get Palmer, Dias and Baleba that would be the icing on the cake.

Mitoma priceless to us. Realistically i think £70m is what Bloom would want, but you never know with him.

Reply going so well up until ur last sentance lol.

Buzzing aint the word, infact no words can explain what im feeling about BHAFC at the moment. Just over 9,246 days ago we were bottom of the league, 1 game away from being in non league to now being top, early days i know, and it will be downhill from here, but just amazing and proud. Realistically i will settle for top half finish and good cup runs, maybe lifting a cup even better. If we could get Palmer, Dias and Baleba that would be the icing on the cake.

Mitoma priceless to us. Realistically i think £70m is what Bloom would want, but you never know with him.
Wish you all the best , a well run club with good players and manager Glad Bloom put a price on Cucurella that amongst others we weren’t prepared to match (#masterstroke from city again ) Good lush for the season

Wish you all the best , a well run club with good players and manager Glad Bloom put a price on Cucurella that amongst others we weren’t prepared to match (#masterstroke from city again ) Good lush for the season
Luck of course

Cheers same to you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.