The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's not win or bust 2moro a draw still keeps us In with a shout (outside chance) I'd fully expect us to put 6 or 7 past west ham minimum if we needed too after what chelsea did to them. Saying that there is no reason we shouldn't be going to spurs and winning comfortably going off current form.

It's not win or bust 2moro a draw still keeps us In with a shout (outside chance) I'd fully expect us to put 6 or 7 past west ham minimum if we needed too after what chelsea did to them. Saying that there is no reason we shouldn't be going to spurs and winning comfortably going off current form.

There's a small part of me that really wants a draw tomorrow.

That ferocious first half against Liverpool in the Champions League, where we attempting to come back from 3-0, was probably the nearest we've seen to Pep letting loose, and I'd love to see it again.

Final day, none of this 'trust the process', or 'a thousand million passes'.

Pep look every player in the eye moments before the match. Turns away. Stops, then looks back.

"UNLEASH HELL!"

I'm concerned about tomorrow.

But if we thrash them we could potentially draw at home to West Ham and still win the league on goal difference, so trying to adopt that mindset instead!

Monkey off our back beating them in the cup. Scored there, won there.

I'm concerned about tomorrow.

But if we thrash them we could potentially draw at home to West Ham and still win the league on goal difference, so trying to adopt that mindset instead!

Monkey off our back beating them in the cup. Scored there, won there.
Think that scenario is highly unlikely. Even if we won by 4 at Spurs they’d only have to beat Everton by 2 to win it on goal difference if we drew with West Ham. Other way round with us putting 6 past West Ham would be more likely.

Always a difficult game against Tottenham, on paper we should win but that never seems to be the case with them.
Nervous but still confident, wouldn't be City though unless it was a stressful final day would it

It’s hardly going to be the majority view. I remember the pub before the Everton game when we won the league under Pellegreni, all the Everton fans said they wanted to lose but once in the ground they were right behind their team - the noise when Barkley scored early was very loud. We always do it ourselves, that’s how we like it

Exactly. Once in the ground you turn into default mode of supporting your team. You live in the present.

As much as I'd like to see Spurs down tools I can't see it. Personal pride takes over or at least it should. Hopefully Villa win and they can't finish 4th. Maybe then there'll be a drop off of a few percent in intensity.

Having kittens myself, but as Pep said our players seem to thrive off these moments. It's almost like we need to put ourselves in these kind of positions to really get the bit between our teeth. Hopefully we close the show again like only ourselves seem to be able to do.

How anyone can be confident in a one off game on the final day I don't know. One red card, one mistake, a refereeing/VAR feck up and we could be on the receiving end. But even if it's one final day that goes against us at least it's not a boring flat end to the season and we still have the FA cup final. We want to be in these situations year on year. We might win a high percentage of leagues and writers will call it boring but Villa/QPR are immense games. Also when you look at winning on goal difference, breaking 100 points, scoring all these goals, and the winning runs we put together it's all simply amazing stuff. Whoever beats this side to a league well done, I mean that. But it ain't ever going to be easy.
That’s all fair comment mate, but there’s a difference between being confident and supremely so. Confident surely means you think the outcome you desire and/or predict is more likely than not. And I am confident we will beat Spurs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.