The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That Villa result will do me.

If they beat Palace they’re in the champions fucking league. They will be absolutely bang up for that game. Fucking huge for the club if they make the CL.

I reckon that’ll deflate Spurs and they’ll realise the chances are very much against them now.

They’d firstly need a Villa loss.

Failing that, they’d need a Villa draw, to win their last 2 with an 9 goal swing. Incredibly unlikely.

I also think the atmosphere in the ground will be subdued as fuck.

Their fans will not want them assisting Arsenal in any way if it means it gives them any chance to win the league.

That Villa result will do me.

If they beat Palace they’re in the champions fucking league. They will be absolutely bang up for that game. Fucking huge for the club if they make the CL.

I reckon that’ll deflate Spurs and they’ll realise the chances are very much against them now.

They’d firstly need a Villa loss.

Failing that, they’d need a Villa draw, to win their last 2 with an 9 goal swing. Incredibly unlikely.

I also think the atmosphere in the ground will be subdued as fuck.

Their fans will not want them assisting Arsenal in any way if it means it gives them any chance to win the league.
It will be like Everton fans at Goodison Park when City won 1-3. It was a strange atmosphere. You could sense Everton fans wanting City to win. And they showed that after the match congratulating City fans on the streets and on the away coaches parked up.

It’s all ifs and buts isn’t it. Ultimately we need to win. It’s a simple as that. We are the best team in the prem. Probably the best team in the world currently despite the Madrid loss. When we are at the top of our game, then only a side like Madrid with a wily old Manager can touch us. Spurs are not at that level and their manager is not on the same level as Ancelotti.

Not only that, Haaland is back in form and the team are flying with goals galore.

We just need to be careful, determined and patient and we will prevail!

Come on City, Come on Pep, come on Lads.

Can’t help being extremely nervous and half expecting it to all go wrong tomorrow.

Forget form, forget what’s riding on it (for both sides), forget defensive and attacking stats, player availability and all the rest of it.

This is what being born in the mid-80s and growing up as a Blue in the 90s does to you - treble winners, three titles on the bounce, and still sitting down in front of every big game with the pessimistic expectation that we (possibly with a ref’s help) are going to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Spuds will probably come out and play like prime Real Madrid tomorrow after rolling over so many times this season.

Keep reminding myself that as we got relegated under Ball and then watching us go down again despite the 5-2 at Stoke, that never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined we’d be sitting here as treble winners, and that coming second to an admittedly very good Arsenal side would not necessarily be a failure.

And yet - has to be three wins now (including the cup final.) Nothing else will do.

Can’t stand it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.