The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nobody has impressed me so far this season.

Spurs and Villa have probably played the best stuff so far but I don’t see either of them doing owt (although people were still saying that about Leicester in April and they’d been top for months).

I’ve been disappointed with both City and Arsenal. Liverpool have been better than last season but still don’t look great.

Nobody has impressed me so far this season.

Spurs and Villa have probably played the best stuff so far but I don’t see either of them doing owt (although people were still saying that about Leicester in April and they’d been top for months).

I’ve been disappointed in both City and Arsenal. Liverpool have been better than last season but still don’t look great.
I think Kevin is the x-factor. If he can come back and play at a high level, we can probably win this league by at least 5 points. We need more from midfield.

I think Kevin is the x-factor. If he can come back and play at a high level, we can probably win this league by at least 5 points. We need more from midfield.
I thought you said Kalvin then!

Yes, I do agree. He is the difference between all the teams (Kev not Kalv!).

As others have said I think it’s Liverpool not Arsenal we need to be concerned about. Arsenal were awful against Chelsea, they only avoided defeat through poor goalkeeping, wasteful finishing and terrible substitutions by Pocchetino. I think Arsenal bought the wrong players in this summer, bar Rice, as they haven’t addressed obvious weaknesses up front and at left back.

Liverpool’s self belief and Salah’s form is sustaining their challenge. The VAR controversy seems to have worked in their favour as yet again they’re on the right side of some dodgy calls at the weekend. Their defence isn’t on the same level as previous years but if they add a proper DM in January they will probably be there or thereabouts,

We have some tough games before Xmas eg Spurs, Chelsea, Villa and the Scousers. Thankfully both Spurs and Liverpool are at home where we have been imperious recently and I would fancy our chances against anyone at home. The Chelsea and Villa games will certainly test us.

Our main challenges will be the Dippers and Arsenal imo.

If we can navigate this tricky set of fixtures up to the club world cup and still be in touching distance, then we’ll piss it imo. The rest will all kill each other

Imo, as Pep says, the task is to be close come April. December/January is too early to talk about distance off the top, unless it's 10 pts. If we are 5 pts off the top with 8-10 games to go, I'd have us as favourites. Thus I'm fairly relaxed about the next set of fixtures. We may look terribly off at some point but we are likely to be hard to stop come April, injuries permitting.

Last edited:
We have some tough games before Xmas eg Spurs, Chelsea, Villa and the Scousers. Thankfully both Spurs and Liverpool are at home where we have been imperious recently and I would fancy our chances against anyone at home. The Chelsea and Villa games will certainly test us.

Our main challenges will be the Dippers and Arsenal imo.
I genuinely wouldn’t write spurs off. Amazing what difference a good manager makes, and this posta…. Ang - is a very good one

As others have said I think it’s Liverpool not Arsenal we need to be concerned about. Arsenal were awful against Chelsea, they only avoided defeat through poor goalkeeping, wasteful finishing and terrible substitutions by Pocchetino. I think Arsenal bought the wrong players in this summer, bar Rice, as they haven’t addressed obvious weaknesses up front and at left back.

Liverpool’s self belief and Salah’s form is sustaining their challenge. The VAR controversy seems to have worked in their favour as yet again they’re on the right side of some dodgy calls at the weekend. Their defence isn’t on the same level as previous years but if they add a proper DM in January they will probably be there or thereabouts,
Spurs weren't great tonight either. If Fulham could actually convert chances Spurs would have been in trouble tonight. Their defense was wide open time after time. Let their
Their fans were celebrating like they've won the league tonight, I'd suggest they won't be celebrating it for real just yet

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.