The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nobody has impressed me so far this season.

Spurs and Villa have probably played the best stuff so far but I don’t see either of them doing owt (although people were still saying that about Leicester in April and they’d been top for months).

I’ve been disappointed with both City and Arsenal. Liverpool have been better than last season but still don’t look great.
I’m sticking with Newcastle to be our closest challengers. Mediocre start from them but they’re coming up nicely on the rails now.

They’re rock solid at the back and if they can go to PSG and Dortmund and do reasonably well there it could well give them the confidence to get results away at the PL big 6 which was their Achilles heel last season.

I’m sticking with Newcastle to be our closest challengers. Mediocre start from them but they’re coming up nicely on the rails now.

They’re rock solid at the back and if they can go to PSG and Dortmund and do reasonably well there it could well give them the confidence to get results away at the PL big 6 which was their Achilles heel last season.
They’ll do very well to finish top four again imo. Spurs Chelsea and Villa all in the mix this season

I think we'll run away with it.
We normally grow into the season and post Xmas are almost unbeatable.

We've started fairly well and I think others will fall away just as we're upping our game.

Spurs weren't great tonight either. If Fulham could actually convert chances Spurs would have been in trouble tonight. Their defense was wide open time after time. Let their
Their fans were celebrating like they've won the league tonight, I'd suggest they won't be celebrating it for real just yet

Spurs look in decent nick and they’re going to have a lot of fun but they’re very open in midfield. They defended pretty well tonight but against better sides they’ll give up a lot of chances.

I genuinely wouldn’t write spurs off. Amazing what difference a good manager makes, and this posta…. Ang - is a very good one
Agreed he is an excellent manager and Spurs look a decent side, but I think their squad depth is not strong enough. Not sure about title contenders, but definitely top 4.

All this hype for Spurs and they’ve had the easiest run ever.

The 3 tough games they’ve played (United at home, Liverpool at home, Arsenal away) they’ve been mostly outplayed and incredibly
lucky to have got the points they have.

the other games - Luton, Bournemouth, Fulham, Shef United, Burnley, Luton are the worst teams in the league

The 3 tough games they’ve played (United at home, Liverpool at home, Arsenal away) they’ve been mostly outplayed and incredibly

the other games - Luton, Bournemouth, Fulham, Shef United, Burnley, Luton are the worst teams in the league

That's the influence Levy has at hand picking fixture for his team while in the back ground hating on us through his yank mates!

So they've played 3 of the top 4 and are in the position they are lol, we've played 1 of the top 4 so far and lost.

I would say that’s harder fixtures than we’ve had and they are above us. Didn’t say they’ll win the league but they are clearly contenders. In all 3 of those games you refer to they had more than 50% possession, in 2 of the 3 they had greater attempts on goal, admittedly liverpool game aided by sending offs and I didn’t see it as was on way back from wolves, but 7 wins and 2 draws out of 9 games is very good.

Last edited:
Spurs are Spurs , just like we had "typical City" they have got "Spursy" , they will have a shout at the top four place and anything that keeps the Dippers & Rags out of the Champs league has to be supported , our aim has to be to win 30 league games every season and our current rate of seven out of nine wins is'nt far away.
We have lost two league games that we really shouldnt have on the balance of play and the chances created and we normally step up a level after Xmas , a fully fit and fresh KDB returning will be a massive injection of creativity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.