The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nope.

I can only react to what I see. I stand by my assertion. It’s all down to recruitment.

Sure we can defy the odds and go on a run but if Kev don’t come back or gets injured again or if Rodri gets suspended again we end up in the same situation.

Only Doku and maybe gvardiol can be deemed ok to good signings recently. The rest look like mid table team players. Pep can’t turn his magic on every player.

Buy him some top quality.

IIRC, you shouldn't trust your eyes for you were convinced Rodri wasn't good enough for us. Calm down and trust people who get football, i.e., Txiki and Pep. We'll come good.

We just need to build some confidence over the next few weeks, I’m not giving up on the title but it will be hard, KDB can be the catalyst January onwards, just got to try and stay close til then

We just need to build some confidence over the next few weeks, I’m not giving up on the title but it will be hard, KDB can be the catalyst January onwards, just got to try and stay close til then

It will be hard for us and even harder for Arsenal and Liverpool. We are favourites for a reason.

It's like last season, pedestrian in our build up and lacking ideas. What's worse though, there is very little creativity in midfield. Just seem happy to play "to me, to you" football.

Not the right time to give up yet.

IIRC, you shouldn't trust your eyes for you were convinced Rodri wasn't good enough for us. Calm down and trust people who get football, i.e., Txiki and Pep. We'll come good.
Rodri struggled a lot but I can’t remember saying he wasn’t good enough. Maybe i did at the time. Still think he can be nullified if he doesn’t have runners in around him or stones.

No need for petty digs. I am sure you have typed plenty of crap in here from time to time. I won’t go looking -:)

It's not gonna happen for us this year

Out of form when the fixtures are piling up, looking tired and down on our luck

And Arsenal/Liverpool are picking up points at the death

We can win it, but we look a mile off at the moment

I think the difference this season is that it is not us and one challenger. We are getting matched in games by our rivals and for the first time in god knows how long Villa took the game to us and were better in every position. I think if we can find ourselves within 6 points of the top come mid January, we may have the chance to do it yet again, but it cant keep happening. The support have a massive part to play in it and I think we could do more, especially at home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.