The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last season was fantastic, but I'd argue that we'd played better in previous campaigns, when maybe the players had to work harder and focus, particularly when Liverpool were finishing 2nd with almost 100 points.

It also made our job a lot easier when Arsenal imploded, which won't happen this time, particularly as we're now chasing two teams.

Rallying calls are admirable, but the warning signs have been evident for a while, and blind faith won't be enough.
We need to get back to basics with a solid defence, the midfield controlling the tempo, and a clinical strike force, reinforced by energy, hunger and desire.

Even that might not be enough, but at least it won't feel like the end of an era, and we can look forward

I came out of Spurs away last season saying we wont win a thing.
I remember our conversation in Athens when you were far optimistic than me about this season.

Your whole argument was based around trusting Pep's judgment, whereas I was more concerned about the break-up of the KDB-Rodri-Gundogan midfield.

I hope you're right, because the early signs aren't good.

Still not worried if I were a City fan. As long as you're within 10 points reach of us or Liverpool, then you'll still win it. Ill put a bet on when the odds are best for you guys winning the league and CL this year.

3 draws and 3 losses so far and almost all of those fixtures were wins last season.
this is not looking good at all.

to go on those great runs again we surely need a functioning defence, Gundo back, KDB back, control the games again, the tempo as well etc.

Not a chance we are winning the league this season.

The mentality has gone. It’s why we have conceded so many late goals and not beaten any of the good teams we have played this season.

Maybe when KDB comes back we will improve - but it could be Feb before he is fit and back to anything like we remember him.

Maybe it was always going to be this way after winning a treble - but it’s concerning that next season will be Peps last which brings a shitload of extra chaos with it.

Last season was fantastic, but I'd argue that we'd played better in previous campaigns, when maybe the players had to work harder and focus, particularly when Liverpool were finishing 2nd with almost 100 points.

It also made our job a lot easier when Arsenal imploded, which won't happen this time, particularly as we're now chasing two teams.

Rallying calls are admirable, but the warning signs have been evident for a while, and blind faith won't be enough.
We need to get back to basics with a solid defence, the midfield controlling the tempo, and a clinical strike force, reinforced by energy, hunger and desire.

Even that might not be enough, but at least it won't feel like the end of an era, and we can look forward
Spot-on. I have always thought this year would be tough. We are in transition and facing a challenge from clubs like Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle, Villa. The PL has never been stronger and we can claim much of the credit for that. It’s not supposed to be easy. Pep will make the changes as he did in 2016. I would be happy with any trophy this season and think that could well be the CL. Let’s wait and see.

One thing to hold out hope for is that our fixture list in the second half of the season is nicer. The big games are more spread out, and most of our tough games are at home.

In theory, it should be easier to build momentum. Obviously, we need to find a way to become more solid in the process.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.