The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We are very capable of snapping out of this poor form and going on a long winning streak only problem is Arsenal and dippers can too with points in the bag. We’re not going to win it every year, maybe this is our ‘off’ season.

The quality of the league this season is quite something, as high as I can remember it. If Arsenal go to Villa and get a result I'll fear the worst but the big six (if that still exists) + Villa, Brighton and Newcastle can give anyone a game on their day and will all take a fair few points off each other.

I was dreading the world cup, but it looks like we could do with it.

Doesn't look great if I'm honest, and one year the "we always have this slump and come back stronger" is not gonna work out. Think there's plenty, me and Pep included, who sometimes need a bit of a wake up call that we are indeed in a new season and a new fight.

But there's still plenty of football left to play: all we need is a weekend to go our way and we are right back in the mix.

As the saying goes, it's hard to predict, especially the future.

We may have a terrible season, nothing is set in stone.

But it's important to bear in mind the wider context in order to be able to resist various biases, including the all-powerful on football forums recency bias.

I was worried against complacency when we were winning games in the first months and I was predicting a much more difficult campaign, especially against those who were expecting an easy PL season, record points or similar.

Now some people are going in the other extreme. Recency bias is a woman.

As things stand, we are the most likely winners of the PL. The other contenders will have shit periods, too, even if the recency bias tells us otherwise.

Contrary to the wisdom today, I think we have an exceptional squad, its potential is frightening. Look at the options in attack: all of Haaland, Alvarez, Foden and Doku are highly likely to get better. The defenders are in their prime Walker aside. Midfielders are in their prime. KDB is a bit older now but the rest he is having may help him perform at his best in the final months. Squad and manager are exceptional and it will show in the 2nd half of the season. At some point it will seem that the title is beyond us, and then it will be up for grabs again.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.