The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are 538 not doing their running predictions thing this year?

Are 538 not doing their running predictions thing this year?
Disney (ABC news), who own 538, decided to scrap all but the political predictions pissing off all those who worked on the sporting side of 538 and everyone who followed them. Zero explanation given Other then layoffs. If we could just see Brighton’s rankings and their player algorithms that would do instead.

Last edited:
Even if you guys start slow which you haven’t so far, this team can just string a ridiculous amount of wins together.

90 will be enough....from how we are playing if we keep focused we'll break 100.
I can’t see another 100 point season. 2017-18 was something of a perfect storm in that we went out of the CL in the QF and FA Cup in fifth round. The big target we had to aim for once the title was clinched was making history by hitting the century.
If the title race is over and we’re still involved in one or both cups, the foot will come off the gas in PL games, like at Brighton and Brentford last season.
But let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves and think every season is now going to be like 2022-23!

Going for 90-94 although I think there will be a few more teams in the mix this year. I’m hoping a top 4 including Newcastle and Chelsea to make only a single place for one of scum, dippers, tarquins…..
Fortunately for them, it's likely to be top 5 for the champions league places this year.

We’re so good now that the only things left to fight for are the Club World Cup (it’ll be a real disappointment if we don’t win that one but I think we’ll be fine), the Invincibles (probably just not realistic to ask the squad to go a whole season with no slip-ups) and… Chelsea’s defensive record.

14 goals or fewer conceded all season is an incredibly big ask but if anyone can do it, it’s Pep and this group of players. That’s what I have my eye on this season.

I don’t believe for a second that we’ll be relegated for the FFP charges but if we were, at least we could have a shot at the Europa League…

I can’t see another 100 point season. 2017-18 was something of a perfect storm in that we went out of the CL in the QF and FA Cup in fifth round. The big target we had to aim for once the title was clinched was making history by hitting the century.
If the title race is over and we’re still involved in one or both cups, the foot will come off the gas in PL games, like at Brighton and Brentford last season.
But let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves and think every season is now going to be like 2022-23!
Spot on. If we'd needed, say,4 points from those games you mentioned, does anyone seriously think we wouldn't have got them? By then, the focus was on Wembley, and particularly Istanbul.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.