The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He played 30 premier league games a season from 2017. I’d say that’s more than a rotation player. Pep always loved to play Gundo, even when some on here did not always see why He’s always been a very intelligent footballer and that’s Pep’s type of player. Hence why Phillips can’t get a look in and Rico can.
Almost everyone is a rotation player under Pep ;)

Gundogan averaged under 20 PL starts a season, in his 2nd, 3rd and 4th seasons - and yet was still one of the most used players across all competitions in his 3rd and 4th.

I'd agree with others that he wasn't considered quite so important until more recently, and as his teammates have said, his "Zidane Springs" do leave us thinking he was more important at the end of each season.

Am I right in thinking that City is the only team to win the Premier League in the same season they played in the Europa League? 2011/12 we dropped from the Champions League?
It’s definitely the case since the CL adopted its current format in 2003-04 and that includes a few seasons of the old UEFA Cup before it was rebranded as EL in 2009. Prior to that the CL had a few different formats so it’s not a like for like comparison.
A couple of PL title winners (Leicester 2015-16 and Chelsea 2016-17) have done so without playing in any European competition but City are the only ones to do so in a season when they appeared in EL.

There has never been a 3 horse title race in the Premier league era has there?
As in an actual title race from March where 3 teams still have a realistic chance?
Was 2014 the closest we came to that with us, dippers and Chelsea? I seem to recall when Gerrard slipped, Chelsea went above us in the league but I wasn't bothered about them but can't recall why - guessing we had a few games in hand so they weren't a real threat.

As in an actual title race from March where 3 teams still have a realistic chance?
Was 2014 the closest we came to that with us, dippers and Chelsea? I seem to recall when Gerrard slipped, Chelsea went above us in the league but I wasn't bothered about them but can't recall why - guessing we had a few games in hand so they weren't a real threat.

07/08 finished;
United 87
Chelsea 85
Arsenal 83

Agreed, I was obviously being pedantic…:)
Strange though every game we look in it. We rarely look outplayed but we do look like a team who could let in a goal on any given attack the opponents have. Basically our defence is weak and lazy...not going up for headers etc..basic challenging..oh wait a minute just let another in today! Thats lack of desire not tactics

Everyone forgets that we had like 3 games in hand during that race.

Almost everyone is a rotation player under Pep ;)

Gundogan averaged under 20 PL starts a season, in his 2nd, 3rd and 4th seasons - and yet was still one of the most used players across all competitions in his 3rd and 4th.

I'd agree with others that he wasn't considered quite so important until more recently, and as his teammates have said, his "Zidane Springs" do leave us thinking he was more important at the end of each season.
Hecalso wasn't great or effective for large periods of his city career ...great last 2 seasons when confident

I was probably imagining things, but I swear I read we were out of the title race at the half

71YkcXWc62L._AC_UL600_SR600,600_.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.