The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s a lack of Rodri. We haven’t lost the last 45 games he has played, our last 5 defeats were without him. He links up the defence and the attack really well whilst also enhancing both areas, we need cover for him, Phillips couldn’t do it, maybe Nunes or Kovacic might grow into it.
Your talking about probably the best in that position in world football no way either above mentioned can fill that gap. Kovatic is a good journeyman who you can rely upon to do specific tasks. Nunes is an oddity and we just have to hope there is method in the madness that brought him to Manchester

We are allowed 21 free places + 4 club trained + a B list OF u21s. We have 20 of the 21, we have 1 club trained Foden, plus Lewis and Bobb as U21.
If we buy anyone they go on the free list of 21, if Phillips goes we will have 19 players so 2 spaces.At the moment we have 20
Carson
Ortega
Ederson
Walker
Stones
Dias
Ake
Gomes
Akaji
Gvardiol
Rodri
Phillips
Nunes
Kovacic
Bernardo
KDB
Doku
Grealish
Alvarez
Haaland

Worth pointing out, we have not had more than 21 players in more than 5 seasons now. This is the second time we have had 20. Our squad is only 1 player smaller than it usually is.

I am not pointing this out to you though, just expanding on the above.

Strange though every game we look in it. We rarely look outplayed but we do look like a team who could let in a goal on any given attack the opponents have. Basically our defence is weak and lazy...not going up for headers etc..basic challenging..oh wait a minute just let another in today! Thats lack of desire not tactics
I disagree with you. Diaz has played well in the last couple of games after having a very average season. Today, he made 1 mistake. Yes, it cost us a goal because he let his man get the jump on him, But, he's our best centre half; hopefully, he gets his mistakes out of the way now - in this part of the season - whole we're weak, and he finds his most commanding form from here on in.
How mahy chances did they have? Just the one, I think.

I disagree with you. Diaz has played well in the last couple of games after having a very average season. Today, he made 1 mistake. Yes, it cost us a goal because he let his man get the jump on him, But, he's our best centre half; hopefully, he gets his mistakes out of the way now - in this part of the season - whole we're weak, and he finds his most commanding form from here on in.
How mahy chances did they have? Just the one, I think.
Agree re one chance...and i think Dias has been amazing for us...but i look at us this season and we make some mad defensive decisions as a team. We are not always on the same page pressing...we pass players on when the opposition are about to cross! That's just basic and mental..we also go out and challenge the player with the ball when they have it 20 - 25 yards out with two defenders 'flat' and not your basic 45 degree cover...then other times we don't bother closing at all when they are 25 yards out. Bit of a mess to me...possibly mentally fatigued after the treble , but def not rock solid..and this is from game one when we were winning all 9

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.