The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m happy where we are let other teams have the pressure, considering we have lost gundo and Kevin so we are ok esp with what looks a easier run than what we have had lately.

Seems the dippers really want Palhinha and he could make them uncatchable but he would also fit us so well.

We should really get him to sort our midfield out!

It's nice for there to be a few teams involved this year. But let's not kid ourselves, it's not because the levels are so high. It's simply because everyone is inconsistent. Villa are excellent at home. Liverpool too. That means that in spite of their away form they're right up there. Arsenal don't have formidable home form and I just don't see the character in their team to challenge for the title yet.

We've been through a tough run of games, and let late leads slip which is frustrating. But it is what it is. We're in a run now where aside from a trip to Newcastle we should be winning them all.

I think the club world cup is coming at a great time for us. Warm weather training. Go and hopefully win the club world cup, give us a mid-season boost and remind the squad what it feels like to win. Get that confidence back. We're also boosted by the fact that the gameweek we miss whilst we're away sees Liverpool play Arsenal.

It's nice for there to be a few teams involved this year. But let's not kid ourselves, it's not because the levels are so high. It's simply because everyone is inconsistent. Villa are excellent at home. Liverpool too. That means that in spite of their away form they're right up there. Arsenal don't have formidable home form and I just don't see the character in their team to challenge for the title yet.

We've been through a tough run of games, and let late leads slip which is frustrating. But it is what it is. We're in a run now where aside from a trip to Newcastle we should be winning them all.

I think the club world cup is coming at a great time for us. Warm weather training. Go and hopefully win the club world cup, give us a mid-season boost and remind the squad what it feels like to win. Get that confidence back. We're also boosted by the fact that the gameweek we miss whilst we're away sees Liverpool play Arsenal.
The more I think about the more frustrated I get by the Chelsea draw. If we had just held that lead, we would be one point off the league lead.

The Villa loss wasn't all that bad considering we were nowhere near full strength and Villa is red hot right now.

The more I think about the more frustrated I get by the Chelsea draw. If we had just held that lead, we would be one point off the league lead.

The Villa loss wasn't all that bad considering we were nowhere near full strength and Villa is red hot right now.
Frustrating isn't it. Dropped points in the last 15 mins against Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal.

Seen the games out for a win and a draw against Liverpool and Spurs and we'd be top of the table on goal difference. Coulda, shoulda, woulda etc.

Shit on the Villa anyway, they won't ever know what it's like to win a treble.

It's a shame the footballing Gods didn't punish them for embarrassing the league in 2015-2016 with their dreadful points tally of 19 and going down, while also being the worse team in Europe's top 5 leagues. Derby got punished as they haven't been back since and have been given points deductions alongside relegation, not to mention losing a play-off final to QPR despite dominating the game. Huddersfield did for their awful showing in 2018-2019 with 16 and have been in the shit since.

But when it comes to Villa for embarrassing a worldwide brand in 2016, this don't happen and they even stay up because of a goalline system fuck up, and are now undeservingly on fire. I hope someone pisses on it come to the new year and put it out, while Willy cries from FA HQ.

These morons made Sweet Caz a beer swiggers anthem and ruined it.

What is that shirt sponsor anyway?!. Have Burger King opened a bookmaking division?!.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.