The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is absolutely no sign of this team going on a run. Arsenal and Liverpool will be streets ahead by the time Kev comes back so for me the title is done. We may have to face it Pep doesn’t seem to know how to motivate the players anymore.

Then the players need to be moved on and we need new players.

Pep can't be allowed to leave.

Personally I can’t see us solving these problems quickly. Our inability to defend is horrendous. How easy are goals against us? We never get easy goals. We have to work for them. Opposition, one ball over the top, piss weak defending and in it goes. Week after week after week, it’s dejavu. You cannot drop 6 points at home in games where you should have win all of them and expect to win titles.

next three PL games (with some CWC and FA cup in between)

Everton away
Sheffield U home
Newcastle away

Everton did hit some good form since their minus 10 points, will be up for it.
Sheffield will be in horrible state
well Castle away is a hard one, at home they are one of the best sides, away from home they are really poor.

expecting 9 points of these is madness right now. we couldnt do 9 points in current form if all of these would be at home. even 7 points is too good now.
Sheffield at home is no brainer, but can see two draws in the away games, even a loss in one of them.
1-1-1 record is easily possible, 4 points.

it was 7 last season of these three fixtures and the Castle one was hard that time as well finished 3-3 we had to pull it back from 3-1 down.

All started with a poor summer window for me.

Worst transfer window since 2012/13.

Failure to prepare, prepare to fail.

It was a particularly poor window. Which came a year after getting Phillips. Nunes a panic buy.

As such we lost Gundogan and Mahrez's control, passing and goals and replaced with Kovacic and Nunes who look like fish out of water and Doku who looks good but needs to improve his end product.

We're also missing KDB. We just don't have that killer pass without him.

Not writing the league off yet though, should all know better not to.

The recruitment needs to be much better though.

Never said it's over before but the title challenge is over and out of Liverpool Arsenal rather Arsenal win it just so we can say 1 title in 35 years for Liverpool and 1 title in 20 years for arsenal

This is a season reminiscent of the Covid interrupted season where we had Garcia and Fernandinho at CH and couldn’t keep a clean sheet.

Our title hopes aren't totally gone for me but it's hard to see 15 plus consecutive wins out of the current squad like we have produced in previous seasons. It's not over until it's over so let's hope that a lot of things come together and we can retain it but if not what a great run we've had.

Need to get Akanji and Stomes along with Ake back in the side. Walker needs resting and Diaz and Gvardiol should be looking over their shoulders

Why we had 10 players 25 yards from their goal when it was 2-1 is beyond me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.