The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hate to say it but the dippers are back on the PED’s (there’ll be back off and weaker next season, like last), have an impeccable home record, and have already played away at us, spurs, Newcastle, chelsea and Brighton. It’s there’s to lose

It has to be said we are somewhat a victim of our success, Palace played a 5-4-1 deep defensive block, our defensive line was 30 yards into their half. But and it’s a huge but, it’s pathetic how easily we have conceded late on in matches. I know I’m a bit of an extremist but too many happy bubbly people walking out of the match, I think many have lost their passion

Anyone would think we are 15 points off the top, we are not entitled to win every game, get a grip ffs
It's not being entitled It's being 2-0 up against a poor Palace team then fucking it up spectacularly. Yes we won the treble but it doesn't mean the players get a free hit this season , we've been bang average in the prem up to yet

as much as it pains me Cancelo would be much better on the right than Walker is with the advanced attacking positions he is constantly in. Unpopular opinion but Foden isn’t delivering on expectations, he needs to step up

We 100% have got what it takes. We have had most of the season, even in these draws in this odd run of games.

Whether the margins will fuck us or favour us when it matters, who knows. But we have quality above all rivals, and we absolutely have what it takes.
Gvardiol may or may not be better than Laporte, Doku may or may not be better than Mahrez but they aren't at the moment. Kovacic will never be as good as Gundo.
Kev will probably not be as good as last year when he returns due to age if nothing else.

We've also lost Cancelo and Palmer.

So overall we look weaker.

What we really need is the likes of Grealish, Foden, Alvarez to step up and become the Silvas, Agüeros, Yayas et al. Not sure they can.
Then there's Bernardo who has given his all for City but we need more. He should be playing centrally.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.