The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What we can't do as a supporter base is DEMAND a title. Of course when you have won three in a row you don't want it to end but the fact is it will at some point. I can't see the PL becoming a one horse race like the Bundesliga as it too tough to do.

Gvardiol may or may not be better than Laporte, Doku may or may not be better than Mahrez but they aren't at the moment. Kovacic will never be as good as Gundo.
Kev will probably not be as good as last year when he returns due to age if nothing else.

We've also lost Cancelo and Palmer.

So overall we look weaker.

What we really need is the likes of Grealish, Foden, Alvarez to step up and become the Silvas, Agüeros, Yayas et al. Not sure they can.
Then there's Bernardo who has given his all for City but we need more. He should be playing centrally.

Gvardiol is playing regularly. Laporte last couple seasons, was not. That almost by default makes him 'better'. Fair e ough on Doku. Kova and Gundo are very different players and have a different purpose. Cancelo and Palmer were irrelevant most of last season. Palmer, really? Bobb has played more than Palmer at the same stage. He could have been the Mahrez replacement, had he wanted to stay. And folk would then have been complaining that we haven't replaced Mahrez. Agree on Foden, partly on Grealish, and to an extent on Alvarez.

Everton away decides our league campaign, imo. If we drop points there and are 10-11 pts off the top after that game (even with a game in hand), it will be very, very difficult. But if we win there and don't lose at Newcastle, we'll be still in it.

Said it 10 days ago: IF we are within 5 pts off the top after Liverpool away (mid March), I'll back us to win the league from there. Our fixtures before Anfield are not that difficult. We can do it.
Everton away is just the game we don’t need currently either. Bang in form and hungry for points. 62% said 90-94 points will be needed to win the league when the poll was done. We are currently on track for 76. In the last 11 games we have gained 16 points. Carry on with that level of form and we are looking at a 64 point season!

Needless to say we need a huge improvement from here. Probably 17 wins out of 21 minimum.

The only thing giving us any chance is that the other sides don’t look like 90 pointers this season, but they are doing better than us.

Is it just me or that goal doesn’t get disallowed if it’s anyone else, I came out the ground so angry but I’m going to just say I’m accepting it now, I’d absolutely rip your arm off with super cup, club World Cup and champions league. Champions league qualification, FA Cup, Super Cup and Club World Cup would be a very good season from here
You are right. Anyone else it isn't disallowed. And when did Arse and Dips last get penalties awarded AGAINST them at their own grounds? Agenda. Clear as.

Doesn't excuse the shambolic performance today, but it helps the PL and PHmob cause to have a red team ( perm either of them) crowned as PL winners.

People saying it’s a much stronger league this year, all our rivals have improved etc etc have got it totally wrong. Arsenal are marginally better and we’re not quite as strong.

The rest of em are average teams. Utd, a side being regularly spanked by mediocre European teams, are right in the mix. For Villa now read Spurs in the early weeks of the season - overachieving flavour of the month. The dippers are grinding out fortunate victories against poor teams but they looked desperately poor at our place . Even Arsenal don’t look as fluent as they did last season although that’s counterbalanced by them maybe being more streetwise and experienced this time around. Newcastle could be the dark horses, if they crash out of Europe and get their injury list cleared they could go on a run.

It’s all in our hands. If we show up at any point, we win it. If we don’t, Arsenal pull clear and probably stay clear.
This is EXACTLY how I feel about the current situation. Well said.

at least our recent form shows these jcls what it used to be like for us focs

Even if we were playing shit, at least you'd be surrounded by fellow Blues in the old days, rather than hundreds of tourists videoing themselves at every opportunity.

Win, lose or draw, it used to be fun before the money men sucked the atmosphere out if the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.