The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You'll lose/draw games unexpectedly. Any PL game is losable, especially in the final months of the season.

City with Rodri in the team have been the best team in the PL even without KDB. Those 3 losses without Rodri are the difference between us and the other top teams. And the draws with Rodri in the starting XI were largely unlucky.

So, IF we manage to keep Rodri fit and IF KDB hits form in a month or two, chances are City will do well. Credit to you that you are pretty reasonable in your takes and expectations.
Yeah, City's ceiling is the highest of all the teams and if you get everyone playing at peak levels you'll win the league. KDB coming back is key but also so is keeping the current team fit as well.

Makes it an interesting season for sure.

It's not a must win game. Too early for that. It might have been had Liverpool won vs United and Arsenal. They failed to win.

You're right. I do think, though, that it's a put-down-a-marker game. And it's about time we did that.
But the lads have had a nice break in the sun, and breezed through a competition that they wanted to win. I'm feeling pretty upbeat about our prospects at Goodison. Won't be easy, and we could easily draw. Or lose.

I do think, in a general sense, as though it's shaping up as if to say “Come and win this title, then, if you're still hungry enough“. Most title wins we've had over the last decade, it's been clearly between us and one other team, with a sense that any slip-up on either side was going to cost heavily. With the third team and the rest a long way back. I think that's been true in our battles with Liverpool over the years, was certainly true in our battle with United in 2012, and was pretty true last year, because frankly Arsenal crumbled right at the death, but they did lead the league for the vast majority of the season, with us on their heels.
I really think it's on us, and how much the players still feel they need it. I'd love us to do yet another thing that's never been done before, but I honestly wouldn't blame the players if they fell a little bit short. They're not robots.

Looking at GD is quite frustrating at the moment.

Based purely on GD we should be in 3rd place not 5th.. and to make it doubly frustrating the rags should be in 11th place not 7th.

Looking at GD is quite frustrating at the moment.

Based purely on GD we should be in 3rd place not 5th.. and to make it doubly frustrating the rags should be in 11th place not 7th.

There's nothing frustrating about the fact our GD is relatively good. If anything, it's encouraging.

Based purely on GA, Liverpool should have been champions in 18/19 and deserve to be top this season. It's pointless to look at isolated stats.

There's nothing frustrating about the fact our GD is relatively good. If anything, it's encouraging.

Based purely on GA, Liverpool should have been champions in 18/19 and deserve to be top this season. It's pointless to look at isolated stats.
Yeah I know its pointless really, I'm just making a pointless point! :)

Thing with GD is it highlights the narrow margins and element of luck that dictates league positions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.