The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was at that West Brom game. Never felt as "meh" about a City win (4-0,IIRC), even after word got through about Moloney's winner for Wigan. But it does show you; keep the faith. Does that make me a happy clapper? Possibly. So be it.
That day I stuck £10 on us to the title.

14/1 true storeh.

Might just be me, but I feel like winning the World Club Cup has almost ‘closed the chapter’ on last season, and from now on in it’s all about looking forwards. Coupled with the timely return of KDB, and with Haaland and Doku back in the fold, I really think we’ll kick on now

I think whether the 1-1 at Anfield is a good result for City depends on how City do at Anfield. That's actually a game that many people thought Arsenal could lose and getting a draw is maybe a 'par' result so if City go there and win it is a good result in the fight against Arsenal, if City don't win there it's 'as you were'. It's not like Arsenal drew 1-1 at Forest or Palace.

Realistically of Arsenal's 'losable' away games we have City away (will lose there in all likelihood) and Spurs away (who knows but if there's a sniff of a chance they can stop Arsenal winning the league they'll release the Kraken on us).

We've played Dippers, Barcodes, Villa, Chelsea away already, can't see us losing at Old Trafford, so really I don't think the 1-1 is that great a result for City unless, like I said before, you win at Anfield.

Still think City will win the league as basically all you need to do is beat us at the Etihad and then not fuck up the other matches and goal difference will be in your favour

Christmas 2022 Arsenal top, City 5 points behind, same games played

Christmas 2023 Arsenal top, City 6 points behind with one game in hand

You would’ve thought that being in a better situation than this time last year and having proved our mettle (not that it needed proving) by winning 5 major trophies in the interim most people would have the utmost faith in our ability to stay the course again.

I think whether the 1-1 at Anfield is a good result for City depends on how City do at Anfield. That's actually a game that many people thought Arsenal could lose and getting a draw is maybe a 'par' result so if City go there and win it is a good result in the fight against Arsenal, if City don't win there it's 'as you were'. It's not like Arsenal drew 1-1 at Forest or Palace.

Realistically of Arsenal's 'losable' away games we have City away (will lose there in all likelihood) and Spurs away (who knows but if there's a sniff of a chance they can stop Arsenal winning the league they'll release the Kraken on us).

We've played Dippers, Barcodes, Villa, Chelsea away already, can't see us losing at Old Trafford, so really I don't think the 1-1 is that great a result for City unless, like I said before, you win at Anfield.

Still think City will win the league as basically all you need to do is beat us at the Etihad and then not fuck up the other matches and goal difference will be in your favour

Yep arsenal got a decent point but if that was city last night the referee Var would have gave the penalty and we would be down to ten men for the last 15 mins with that Saka slip foul! Arsenal got lucky with refereeing decisions

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.