The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It was vital for us to win today, and we did. We're fine where we stand in relation to Liverpool. We now have two home matches in the league, and one away (to Bournemouth). All three are eminently winnable. We are looking quietly ferocious and determined. I actually now think, looking ahead, that by mid-March, when we will have to go to Anfield, we could have opened up clear daylight between us and them.
Still like to win there, though…
Our fixtures before we play Liverpool:

Brentford (H)
Chelsea (H)
Bournemouth (A)
United (H)

Theirs:

Brentford (A)
Luton (H)
Forest (A)

We can close the gap with our game in hand but they play three fairly poor teams so I think we'll still be neck and neck.

Brentford (H)
Chelsea (H)
Bournemouth (A)
United (H)

Theirs:

Brentford (A)
Luton (H)
Forest (A)

We can close the gap with our game in hand but they play three fairly poor teams so I think we'll still be neck and neck.

Yeah, fair enough, I didn't really take full account of the easiness of their fixtures. Luton and Forest I'd expect to be bankers. Brentford are a funny team, though, aren't they, blowing hot and cold. They might be able to bother them at their place.
Annoyed, though, with all those points stupidly thrown away in draws. Four of them. Eight points just down the drain. In every single one of them we were the better team.

A week of whingeing ahead about a Saturday 12.30 kick off I’m sure

They’ll be tired after their champions league game midweek

A week of whingeing ahead about a Saturday 12.30 kick off I’m sure

They’ll be tired after their champions league game midweek
Champions League? Not for that lot!
They haven’t got a midweek game this week. They finished top of their Europa League group so avoid the playoffs and go straight through to the round of 16.

Klopp has been there what, - 10 years? Of those ten, - on how many occasions did his side finish above Pep and us? Was it just the Covid-season?

Brentford (H)
Chelsea (H)
Bournemouth (A)
United (H)

Theirs:

Brentford (A)
Luton (H)
Forest (A)

They've got a Carabou Cup final to win on 25th Feb v Chelsea, so they're going to pour a lot of effort into that - it's the first part of the Quad, la! Lose it and they're on a severe downer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.