The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Above you said if we lose at Liverpool. Which would mean they would need to drop a further 8 points for 89 to be enough. Hence my question.

Obviously you think it may happen. Fair enough. I don't see it, at the moment, but who knows.

Yes, I edited my post just before you replied.

I still think both Arsenal and Liverpool won't go above 86 pts. Both teams are where they are currently by, as it were, borrowing energy from the future. They run more than it is sustainable. Of course, I might be complete wrong. Only time can tell.

If we draw against United, Liverpool and Arsenal AND beat the other teams then its ours.

Also, if we beat United, lose (!) from Liverpool and Arsenal, AND beat the other teams, then it's ours.

Why? Because 89 pts are highly likely to be enough for the title.
Absolutely got to beat United. Any slip up before we play Liverpool and they will take advantage. Beat United and I can see us winning at Anfield. Get those results and I would be okay with a draw against Arsenal. Arsenal are the team that will push us all the way. Playing some great football this year.

Looking at the Dippers remaining fixtures and the fact their scoring for fun while dealing with injuries the title looks like it will depend on our game. I do expect them to win the rest of the games so we'll have to do the same unfortunately if we want the league. No more dropped points.

I think you'd still have to get a result at the Etihad even if we only manage a point at Anfield.

We beat you at home then obviously we are back in the driving seat.

City would have to be confident that a point at Anfield means that beating Arsenal at Etihad keeps us ahead of Arsenal.

Having said that, I do think a point at Anfield suits Liverpool more than City or Arsenal, as they'll believe they can with the rest of their games.
Yes I'm factoring in at least a draw at the Etihad. A loss for Arsenal and forget it however Arsenal would be confident of getting at least a point I'd imagine. Let's see.

There’s a lot of people saying that Arsenal are clicking and reaching form where we aren’t.

I think that’s an argument to say we will win the league (or at least finish above Arsenal).

If we aren’t losing any ground in our bad patch, then what’s gonna happen when we click?

I do expect them to win the rest of the games so we'll have to do the same unfortunately if we want the league. No more dropped points.
We have similar predictions about rivals winning the last 12 or 13 games every season. If Liverpool (or Arsenal) pick up 33 or 34 points out of 36 then they'll be worthy winners and there's not a lot we can do about it. We just need to hang on in there in every competition through March and see where everyone is.

There’s a lot of people saying that Arsenal are clicking and reaching form where we aren’t.

I think that’s an argument to say we will win the league (or at least finish above Arsenal).

If we aren’t losing any ground in our bad patch, then what’s gonna happen when we click?

There's an argument to be made, there. Lots of people saw the Chelsea game as two points lost. Which, objectively, it was. However, I saw it as an important point gained. Because we could have lost that, and no messing. The fact that we didn't shows steel. The form will kick back in, I believe. But the steel, the cussedness, is a question of temperament. I think we showed it too, in our way, against Brentford and Bournemouth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.