The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, I edited my post just before you replied.

I still think both Arsenal and Liverpool won't go above 86 pts. Both teams are where they are currently by, as it were, borrowing energy from the future. They run more than it is sustainable. Of course, I might be complete wrong. Only time can tell.
They both look imperious to me, sweeping most teams aside WITHOUT expending the energy that we are having to. Liverpool with a lot of key men out look more dangerous than we did when we played Chelsea at home! With a strong side from us. I think we are doing amazingly well hanging on the coat tails but the heavy metal football of Liverpool and Arsenal's dramatic improvement means we have to be flawless and we are certainly not looking like a side that can be. What I will say is Pep's mentality is amazing - dragging a weaker team into contention after 3 years on the bounce - incredible.

Last edited:
If City win at Anfield they'll win the league. If Liverpool win Dippers win the league. If its a draw Arsenal win probably win it.

Such a pivotal match
we drew at home v mid table poor Chelsea...anything can happen. It's a huge ask for us 4 in a row... i just hope we keep in the running tbf

Once Erling starts finding the sweet spot again I think we'll collectively improve.
Whether this is Pep managing the legs in the team we shall see. Felt he did tgat on Saturday, and just got away with it.

Absolutely got to beat United. Any slip up before we play Liverpool and they will take advantage. Beat United and I can see us winning at Anfield. Get those results and I would be okay with a draw against Arsenal. Arsenal are the team that will push us all the way. Playing some great football this year.
After watching the final today,I think the best plan for the game at Klanfield is to give Haaland specific orders to push on to Van Dick all the time,get on his toe-caps and restrict him.Konate is o.k as long as Van Dick has plenty of time on the ball,but panics when he has to do anything creative.If Haaland can nullify Van Dick then the dippers are wide open and Phil and Bernie could run riot against that back four.Chelsea are shite but could have won that game today.Van Dick is the only thing keeping the dippers from a a good hiding.

Most times I’ve watched Arsenal play I think they’re a fucking good side who play just like we do and are maybe just a tiny bit short of us in technique and character but are still perfectly capable of winning big trophies.

Most times I see the dippers play I’m more convinced than ever that they’re levels below us as indeed their trophy haul indicates.

Finish above Arsenal and we’ll win the league.

I still think both Arsenal and Liverpool won't go above 86 pts. Both teams are where they are currently by, as it were, borrowing energy from the future. They run more than it is sustainable. Of course, I might be complete wrong. Only time can tell.

I still think they can get 89 due to VAR and PGMOL inflating their numbers so we'll have to get 90 especially since we don't have the GD tiebreaker anymore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.