The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the negativity comes from a total of 3 x points so far v Arsenal / Liverpool / Chelsea (x2) But for me a rare win away at WHL helped counteract the poor result at home v Mid table Chelsea. Its going to ne tough and I think maybe 6 pts required v Arse and D'pool. Utd maybe a banana skin too ..being a derby n all that
The win away at WHL was in the FA cup. We still have to play that fixture in April.

The win away at WHL was in the FA cup. We still have to play that fixture in April.
Will get moved if we reach FA Cup SF and could end up in final midweek of the season with both teams desperate for three points.

No good crying over spilt milk (as they say) but going into the business end of the season without the experience of Gundog and Mahrez could be the difference of being winners or also-rans.

Whatever about their experience we haven’t replaced their goals. Both Gundogan and Mahrez were prolific scorers none of Doku, Nunes or Kovacic have any goal scoring record. The loss of those two plus KDB’s extended absence has meant that there’s huge pressure on Alvarez, Foden and of course Haaland. Only Rodri has really added more goals. We could do with someone like KDB or Doku or Grealish to start scoring regularly in the run in.

It also doesn’t help that our set pieces are really ineffective. We get so many corners but don’t create enough chances from corners. We’ve had 47 corners in our last 5 matches, scored once and probably had 3 other chances. On Saturday we had Akanji, Ake, Dias, Stones, Rodri and Haaland as targets but didn’t hurt Bournemouth at all.

Whatever about their experience we haven’t replaced their goals. Both Gundogan and Mahrez were prolific scorers none of Doku, Nunes or Kovacic have any goal scoring record. The loss of those two plus KDB’s extended absence has meant that there’s huge pressure on Alvarez, Foden and of course Haaland. Only Rodri has really added more goals. We could do with someone like KDB or Doku or Grealish to start scoring regularly in the run in.

It also doesn’t help that our set pieces are really ineffective. We get so many corners but don’t create enough chances from corners. We’ve had 47 corners in our last 5 matches, scored once and probably had 3 other chances. On Saturday we had Akanji, Ake, Dias, Stones, Rodri and Haaland as targets but didn’t hurt Bournemouth at all.
Foden has added goals too, be interesting to see haw many goals we are down from this point last season.

Foden has added goals too, be interesting to see haw many goals we are down from this point last season.
7 down in the league - and that was already a drop from the season before.

I know it's a bit of a touchy subject for some, but when the goals were being shared around, that provided a bit more of a buffer against individual form.

7 down in the league - and that was already a drop from the season before.

I know it's a bit of a touchy subject for some, but when the goals were being shared around, that provided a bit more of a buffer against individual form.
And where Arsenal seem to be now without a striker but loads of goals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.